Escalate a complaint

Escalate a complaint

I want to know how to escalate a complaint,

I have a so called case manager- **, who is meant to be dealing with my complaint regarding a refund to my credit card, which is not happening.

Does anyone know where I can go from here are there any legal bodies I can approach, ombudsman, etc

[*Title and name edited]

125 Replies 125

Hi did you figure out how to do this? I also need to do this

I’m outside my the airbnb and can’t get in contact with the owner for the box code to get in yet airbnb refuse to take ownership of this situation 

@Daniel9229  The host never sent you the code and you just showed up at the door?

David8779
Level 2
West Vancouver, Canada

Hi

Im looking for help from the community. In short.

Rented a villa in Thailand.

Have impecable feedback as a guest (until this event)

Arrived at Villa to find 7 cameras aimed at swimming pool, massage area and private seating area.

Not known how many were not visible.

Two construction cranes (not advised of)

All day construction next door and construction workers everywhere checking out wife and 12 year old daughter 

Left 50% through booking

Provided evidence to AirBNB who agreed it was ridiculous and provided 100% full refund.

Chose not to inflame situation and post on hosts site.

Host was pissed I was refunded and wrote  slanderours/scathing feedback on my page.

Asked AirbNB to remove it for obvious reasons

They said no it fit their guidelines.

I would like to escalate this. How do I get this issue resolved?

Thanks

IMG-8436.jpgcranes.jpg

Tisha-And-Chloë0
Level 1
Victoria, Canada

Their support is garbage. I'd also like to talk to someone in a position to make decisions.

We got a terrible review because we didn't follow checkout procedures. Yet there was no checkout procedures posted on their profile, and I asked them for instructions and they just told us to drop the keys in a box.

It makes no sense.

Then I was told it would be removed by support. It wasn't removed, so I followed up, and now they're saying they can't remove it.

What a garbage company.

I have the same issue.  I only have 5 star reviews and had super host status yet a guest posted a fake review which said I had double booked the room and there was an unwelcome guest!!  OMG  it reads like she had to share the room and bed with a complete stranger, how rediculous!   What she meant was I had a personal friend to stay in my bedroom which had no effect on her whatsoever, she only booked a room with use of shared bathroom and she's telling me I can't have my best friend to stay with me!   Airbnb refuse to remove the review and I am basically being accused of fraud and putting a guest in danger!  its insane.  Airbnb are to dangeous to do business with.  I will be removing my listing. 

Yoo-Jin0
Level 1
California, United States

Same, I am having the same issue with a refund to credit card which I specifically did not ask for. I am working with Reynard, but have not received help on this issues.

Katherine990
Level 2
Austin, TX

Does anyone know of a different support number? Airbnbs host support is awful. I’ve been trying to escalate an issue for 3 days, every time I call “they re-escalate” having no prior knowledge of the prior calls. No one seems to know anything about the issue I’m calling about. It is beyond frustrating.

Social media.

Bhumika
Community Manager
Community Manager
Toronto, Canada

Hi @Katherine990 , 

As you have commented on an older thread, can you please help elaborate on your concern by starting a new conversation with our members?

This way, we will get to know more about the issue and may be our members can help with some insights into your situation.

Looking forward to hearing from you!

-----

Please follow the Community Guidelines

Hello Bhumika

I wanted to ask for your help as I’ve read you escalated other hosts issue similar as mine and their account been re-activated. 

I had been a super host w/6 listings and only 5 star reviews. All happy guests. Airbnb just closed my account  because its closely related to a person who isn’t allowed to use Airbnb. And canceled all reservations. It was 1 remaining reservation where guests were strangled in the airport without my check in instructions as my messages were blocked to that guest and I couldn’t even get CS help in connecting me to that guest. Airbnb interfered with my performance as a host. They eventually checked in and were happy with their stay but couldn’t post a review which I don’t understand why guests are limited..

I am beyond devastated, stressed, not sleeping. I worked extremely hard earning a super host status, I invested tens of thousands of dollars remodeling costs so i get High ranking on Airbnb. And they closed my business putting me on a street, this is my only income. I’m a single mother w/ minor. I need to provide also to my family affected with the war in Ukraine.

The person who Airbnb says I’m associated with was someone I hired initially to run my listings. Her account was removed for alleged Discrimination remark on traveler, Sinan from Turkey. He contacted around Feb 2022 asking to see property in person and its address. She declined. They exchanged messages. But he never reserved. Next thing, Airbnb removed her account after he complained. She didn’t even know what she did wrong and no explanation could had been given as her messages w/that Traveler were no longer visible.

Apparently her son confessed when she stepped away from computer and her phone, his friend and him had a playdate, took possession of her device. They just wanted to take unrecognized phone to call to prank their friends and saw her Airbnb messages. They thought that guest was not nice & They tried to protect their mom by writing him a remark not profanity that Airbnb deemed discriminating. Next thing she was banned by Airbnb. Nowadays kids are smart with technology and Host dashboard is open, Airbnb doesn’t require log in or face recognition for every response so its easy to get to it by someone else. Her son was reprimanded. his friend said he is the one who did it and he learned the lesson but the damage was done. Appeal didn’t help as it doesn’t. She was shut down. It’s not right to ban her for child’s honest mistake. She never discriminated anyone ever. She offered to issue official apology to that guest and he probably would of been ok if he knew it’s minor wrote it. I wouldn’t be offended at least. No matter how she pledged they wouldn’t reopen account

I opened account on my name I couldn’t be in such loss having 6 properties sitting draining me every day. They were bought ad Airbnb rental. but actually name was used mine the whole time as I’m the owner and have short term rental licenses. I was told it’s ok but now I don’t know. And after running it successfully for about 1.5-2 years Airbnb banned me for the reason stated above that I’m closely associated with person who isn’t allowed to use Airbnb. I was shocked. Appealed the Removal but was denied by Mona and Eric from specialized team w/blunt response they give to everyone “We gave your case a careful consideration and removed you from Airbnb.” CS was giving run arounds. No one was calling back. I asked to escalate this issue to upper management but was told there will be no one else and it’ll end on that.

No matter how much I pledged that its child’s honest mistake on that person’s account and unless her intentional, which isn’t, Airbnb should look as individual case rather than a generalized case marking as discrimination case & just kick her out. They wouldn’t discuss that account. I understand that it’s ok, she’ll never run her account again but why closing my account? How closely related is close enough to close my account? Mo matter how much I pledged to specialized team - no response. And CS only gives run around an and closes the case.y messages on Airbnb platform are blocked to even CS so my only way of communicating is via Email or phone.

Can you help? what can I do to reinstate my account? I’ve done nothing wrong just being associated with that account Thank you !!

Bhumika
Community Manager
Community Manager
Toronto, Canada

Hi @Yana692, Thank you so much for sharing your concerns with me and I understand how difficult this situation must be for you. I noticed your concerns in another thread earlier and shared them with the team that can help with the review. 

I further learned that the Support team has already gotten in touch with you with their findings and relayed the needed information. As we are not a part of the Customer Support team, I may not be able to do much here. But I hope you can get in touch with them again through the Support channels!

-----

Please follow the Community Guidelines

Hi Bhumika 

I seriously hope you can help me to escalate my issue. Like others, I have been trying to seek help for almost a month regarding a guest who is extremely aggressive, made multiple violations and always trying to play defensive by contacting Airbnb and making unreasonable requests.

Every time I tried to contact Airbnb, a new person gets involved who has no clue, does look at the message trail and all they are doing is escalating which still doesn’t resolved.

The guest expects something that not as per City of Toronto by-law standards, e.g. my property has central heating and cooling systems. He is asking access to control it personally. I believe his intention is not transparent. 
I am just surprised like others to receive this kind of host support from Airbnb. We are paying for it, it’s not free.

Every day it is getting stressful to deal with him. He has something or other ever day. He has issue if my co-host responds to him. Since I live upstairs, it’s even difficult to deal with.

Please escalate to the right department so it’s get resolved. 
thanks

This is a consistent problem.  I am on the phone with Airbnb almost every day with issues that one ambassador does not know what the other one is doing.  They are all in off shore countries and sit at a phone and are not qualified.  It is a nightmare.  Keep calling and hope you get someone who will assist you without bringing up that you have chatted with others.

Claudia2279
Level 2
Manchester, United Kingdom

Oh, welcome to my world. Airbnb closed down one of my listings that’s been going for 7 years and is a major part of my income, without even telling me. I must’ve phoned about 30 times last week, and spoken to tens of clueless representatives, often with poor English, always badly trained. No continuity. Explaining the same thing to countless of them. Then closing the case over and over before any explanation or resolution. No procedure for escalation or complaints. Terrible. They should be ashamed, a company that big and rich and that badly run.