Events

Tina7037
Level 1
Granbury, TX

Events

Given the newest CDC guidelines... will be now be able to host events of larger capacity at our homes and offer EVENTS as an amenity on our listings?

6 Replies 6
Helen3
Level 10
Bristol, United Kingdom

If you want to offer events at your property I think there are probably better platforms to use.

Airbnb doesn't allow you to host more than 16. And because of  the sad incidence of violence and killings and anti social behaviour, disturbing communities when guests use Airbnb's as party venue,  particularly in your country and Canada,  Airbnb has put a ban in place for using Airbnb for parties.

Also do remember this is an international forum so many of us won't be familiar with your health bodies guidelines 🙂

Sarah977
Level 10
Sayulita, Mexico

@Tina7037  Events and parties are something Airbnb is actively trying to crack down on. It has nothing to do with COVID, but with house trashings, criminal activities, disturbing neighbors and bad press for Airbnb.

Angelica-Y-Jorge0
Level 10
Mazatlán, Mexico

@Tina7037 We allow events on our property because we have a large outdoor area with a beautiful view. We have hosted several weddings, birthday parties, holiday parties and more. We only allow event booking through our own website as Airbnb does not allow events. We do not provide access to the interior of the home to avoid damage and we are able to charge a lot more for an event. We use local Facebook groups to promote the property and word of mouth spreads fast.

It would be great if Airbnb could add a separate site to promote properties that can handle events. This way we could promote just the outdoor area as an event space and the whole apartment as an STR.

Jorge
Tina7037
Level 1
Granbury, TX

Yes an organized event that is planned and rules discussed like a wedding being hosted is definitely different than an unauthorized unruly “party”

Janeen20
Level 1
Pacifica, CA

I get a lot of inquiries if my guests can hold small get togethers, like bridal showers, tea parties, birthday parties. I would love to add a small "event fee" for these listings to account for the additional non-overnight guests and cleaning.... Wondering if anyone from airbnb sees these messages or if there is an "ideas" board somewhere (still a newbee)

Tina7037
Level 1
Granbury, TX

Yes reasonable sized and pre planned events are now allowed again and I’m so grateful.  Folks can search using the filter to find hosts that allow events I think.  I charge a $200 event fee that covers the extra cleaning, communication, possible meeting to plan set up etc.  then I send a request about a month before the event to get a final guest count and then request $10 for each guest beyond the normal overnight capacity of 6… so 30 total I request $240 for Extra Guest Services.  I then provide and set up tables, chairs and table cloths with wind clips out on the deck.  I allow 20 cars to park off street and I have designated parking signs ( pool signs) in those locations.  I hope that info helps you get started!