Every time I try and send a guest a message, I get the message that the message failed to send, tap to retry.

Superhost6
Level 2
Las Vegas, NV

Every time I try and send a guest a message, I get the message that the message failed to send, tap to retry.

This problem has now been ongoing for a week. Every time I try and send a guest a message, I get the message that the message failed to send, tap to retry. I am able to accept and deny reservations, respond to airbnb support without issues, just not respond to guests. I am so frustrated because every time I get a booking request with a guest message, I need to call airbnb. With the current state of the nation (COVID), wait times are 30min-1 hour every time. I'm at a loss. Has anyone had this issue? If so, how do I resolve it? I've uninstalled, re-installed the app. Cleared out all cookies from the browser on my phone, desktop and laptop and updated the latest chrome software. 

Heather
3 Replies 3
Nanxing0
Level 10
Haverford, PA

You can go to airbnb.com/help/hosting, scroll down to the bottom and click "give us feedback", and then "report a bug". Follow the instructions and describe your problem. This will go directly to the tech team. I found this more efficient than if you contact the CS. CS representative are trained to handle reservation-related issues and for those system bugs they also need to forward your problem to the tech team. 

Quincy
Community Manager
Community Manager
London, United Kingdom

Hi @Superhost6, are you still experiencing this issue? 

-----

Please follow the Community Guidelines // Volg de communityrichtlijnen

Hi Quincy,

My boyfriend and I are having the same problem. We’ve spent hours on the phone with customer support. Have cleared the cache, changed browsers, reinstalled the app, tried from our laptop - nothing seems to work. We’ve missed several bookings because of it. Can you assist us?