Evolve Vacation Rental absolutely screwed me

Robert4992
Level 1
Corona, CA

Evolve Vacation Rental absolutely screwed me

Five days out Evolve mailed me to tell me that the remodel of my rental isn't complete and they cancelled reservation. Evolve did not offer any alternative or assistance. Everything in the area is booked or our my price range. 

This may sound small to some, but we are bringing four kids under 9. They couldn't have done more to ruin my vacation or done less to help. For the record, I 100% do not believe this unit is being remodeled. 

Save yourself the heartache and do not trust your vacation with this company!

3 Replies 3
Lawrene0
Level 10
Florence, Canada

It's really an awful time to travel right now, @Robert4992 . I know that's not much help. You got your money back? Hope so!

Airbnb customer service is overwhelmed these days, but when it is a last-minute cancellation through the site, if you ask, they might help you find something and, at least in the past, would throw in a small coupon. No guarantees, but worth a try.

@Robert4992  On an unrelated note, this must be an interesting year to live in a town called Corona.

Sarah977
Level 10
Sayulita, Mexico

@Robert4992  It doesn't sound like a small thing at all. Travelling with large family requires planning, time booked off work, transportation arrangements, packing for many, etc. It's not something you just do spontaneously, like a single person or a couple might just decide to jump in their car and get away for the weekend.

I believe there is a lengthy thread on this forum re Evolve. Terrible experiences by both hosts and guests. 

Personally I would never book an Airbnb managed by some big property management company. I'd look for something run by an individual host with a history of good reviews.

I hope you got a refund and are able to find somewhere else.