Experience Hosting

Eric523
Level 1
Cave Creek, AZ

Experience Hosting

How on EARTH is Detroit an option for experience hosting, while Phoenix / Scottsdale and/or greater Arizona is not??  Maybe Gary, Indiana will make the cut before AZ.

7 Replies 7

@Eric523 - It certainly does seem a bit, well, crazy that some areas of the country are completely ignored.  Perhaps Detroit needed it more? 

For example, North Carolina - with a full coastline of shore activities, significant micro-breweries, multiple high-profile universities and businesses, the "Tastiest Town in the South", professional golf tournaments on award-winning golf courses, part of the Appalachian trail through the Great Smokey Mountains, the #3 tickets-per-seat performing Arts Center in the Country, a Premier/Qualifying Documentary Film Festival, America's Largest home, all the historic sites, and the many start-ups, artists, musicians and other cool things that there are absolutely NO experiences at all anywhere in the state. 

Okay, so I guess I am not alone in being somewhere that needs it but doesnt have it.  Thanks for the response.  Is there any way other than posting on this Community, to put the bug in Airbnb's ear that there are places people would like added to the experiences list?

Lizzie
Former Community Manager
Former Community Manager
London, United Kingdom

Hello @Eric523,

Welcome to the Community Center. It's fantastic you would like to host an Experience.

I have actually just replied to someone else here in the CC about this. The team are in the process of launching Experiences in different areas across the world. 

The best thing for you to do is visit our Experiences page–if you scroll to the bottom of the part you will see a long list of places and you can add the place you would like to host an experience and you will be contacted when there is an update on this.

Best of luck and I hope you will be hosting an Experience soon! 

Lizzie

--------------------

Thank you for the last 7 years, find out more in my Personal Update.

Looking to contact our Support Team, for details...take a look at the Community Help Guides.

Hi

I did try to add an a experience in Latvia, Riga but it didnt went trought at all.

Would like to know if Riga will be added as city to do experience by Airbnb.
We have many great ideas and places that people would be happy to see and enjoy as Riga have been 

one of the most popular Old Europe city in past years for tourists all over the world.
Please check this info and come back with info.

Tnx

Michael956
Level 10
Salvador, Brazil

Detroit  is a city that is experiencing a renaissance that is creating quite a buzz in the media, so it seems logical to me.  

Lawrene0
Level 10
Florence, Canada

I agree with @Michael956. Honestly, come to Detroit and see how cool it is! 

Elle37
Level 1
Detroit, MI

Hmm, maybe because Arizona is culturally less exciting than Detroit with all its rich history, Motown, cars, art-deco architecture, museums, public island park, etc. It's been on a lot of "best places to travel" lists. Sorry you're out of the loop about Detroit being a cool place to visit. Best of luck!