Experience declined... again

Jeremiah-and-Lisseth0
Level 2
New Hampshire, United States

Experience declined... again

Hello everyone,

I have posted an experience for my city and it has been declined 4 times. I called Airbnb and spoke with a rep who gave me some advice on how to make it better. She said once I make this small change, she was sure it would get accepted because it's a great idea. Once again this morning for 4th time it was declined. I will post some info about my experience and maybe someone here can help me. 

Title of experience

Guided Hike by a Golden Retriever

Describe yourself and your qualifications to guests

Your guide, Paco, born and raised in NH will lead you on a hike to the top of a mountain with beautiful views. We have trained Paco since he was young to guide people on hikes and nature walks. We first started training him when my wife and I ran a 12 room B&B in the heart of the White Mountains. On this property, we had a huge maze of trails and little by little we trained Paco to take the guests out through the paths and bring them back to the Inn. Once people started commenting on our website about “the Golden Retriever, Paco, who leads them on nature walks” we started getting guests who would arrive, check-in, and directly ask for Paco. Once our experience running the Inn was over, we decided to keep Paco going with his guided tours as he and the participants always have so much fun! I will take professional pics of you with Paco too!

Describe your experience from beginning to end, in the order you’ll do the activities

We will meet at the base of Mt. Willard. This mountain is known for being "the best bang for your buck" in the Valley. This is because the hike takes no longer than 1hr to summit but the views are as if it was a 4hr hike. Paco will lead the way through the trees and beautiful ledges to the peak of the mountain. Once we are at the top we will snack on a homemade organic granola snack made by my wife and relax for a minute. Each person on the experience will have a personal photo session with or without Paco at the summit. We will spend another 20 minutes at the top to soak up the gorgeous views and then have Paco lead us back down the mountain to the base. Within 2 days I will send you a digital file with the pictures we took at the top of the mountain.

After speaking with the Airbnb rep, I was sure it would get accepted and it didnt. Please any help would be great.

Thanks in advance,

Jeremiah 

4 Replies 4

@Jeremiah-and-Lisseth0  I don't know what the selection criteria are for Experiences. But in reading your description, it sounds at first as though the dog Paco is the only guide. On closer reading it's implicit that you will also be joining the guests for the walk, but there's no mention of your qualifications as a trail guide or photographer. Since Airbnb doesn't consider animals to be hosts, you might want to frame this differently and make it crystal clear that a human guide will be present for the entire trip. References such as a first-aid certificate and perhaps a link to your pro photography work could help your case.

Hi Andrew,  Thank you for this info. I will go ahead and take this advice and see what I can change! Thanks 🙂

I took your advice and re-submitted the Golden Retriever experience again with more clarity, fingers crossed. I have one more experience that got declined and was wondering if you could shed some light on this one too...

Title of Experience

Fly a Drone with a Pro Photographer

About your Host

I am a passionate photographer with a love for drones! I started flying around 3 years ago for fun to see what kind of pictures and footage I could get in the mountains from high in the sky. A hobby quickly turned into a profession when I started filming and taking pictures of mountain homes and land for sale for real estate companies in the Mt. Washington Valley. I've met a lot of people with curiosity around drones and drone photography and would like to spread my knowledge on how to fly and what it takes to be a great drone pilot!

What we’ll do

We will meet in an open field close to North Conway center and go over the basics of flying a drone. We will begin with the rules and regulations of flying a drone in the state of NH. From there I will explain all of the functionalities of the controller. I will demonstrate how to fly, take pictures & video and land the drone. After a full demonstration, it will be time for you to fly! I will provide you with a full memory card to fill up with pictures and videos of the beautiful White Mountains. You can also take a picture of yourself from the sky (drone selfie!)

Thank you,

Jeremiah 

Hi, did you get your experience accepted?

If no, I can give a try to help you, sounds good? 🙂

Alex