Experienced "Glitches "as well?

Debra319
Level 2
Larkspur, CO

Experienced "Glitches "as well?

I have called their office 's probably 5 or 6 times to tell them under no circumstances do I want the nightly price to be anything other than $79 a week night and $89 a weekend. One person assured me any "glitches" are taken care of and yet people are able to book at $45 a night!  Some people are paying the same for three or four nights as they are for two. It's maddening since I pay $50 for someone to clean and basically loosing money on some reservations.

I have repeatedly called and asked for a manager and assured my call will be "escalated" and no one ever calls back.  

I 'm ready to use another service, this is so frustrating I feel like they are such a large corporation no one could care less...

5 Replies 5

Why not disable Smart Pricing and set your prices manually?

Debra319
Level 2
Larkspur, CO

lol, yes, I have disabled and wanted it to be permanently!!! I never wanted smart pricing, ever. I have to go  in and disable it constantly due to their "glitches" that "turn it back off"...and they take no responsibility for shorting me in fees

Jody79
Level 10
Chicago, IL

@Debra319 Have you tried going in a setting a minimum in the smart pricing option?  That way no one should be able to book for less than the minimum you put in, even with smart pricing on.

James-And-Justin0
Level 2
Plymouth, United Kingdom

Hello. Yes I too have had this glitch and it was in the middle of August. The prices reset themselves to the basic price. As soon as this happened I go a booking. The guest then went on to ask for a discount incredibly!  I explained that I couldn't and as there was a glitch they booked out apartment for a steal and I would honour their booking as they had already booked.

Shortly after however, Airbnb  emailed us to acknowledge that there was a glitch and have told us they will reimburse us the difference which I was pleasantly surprised at.

Has anybody been getting any other glitches with the app? I'm struggling to create listings, failing to load the progress and I've had guests who are struggling to except special offers.

I've tried reinstalling the app several times but it's never really fixed the bugs for me.

Anyone else finding any problems like these?

Thanks

James

Patricia1483
Level 2
New York, NY

I had a conversation yesterday with a customer service rep about just that!  They seem to be totally overwhelmed these days and the summer has not even begun.  He said they are working on the issue but that they are very busy all the time!  Even hold times that were once 2 or 3 minutes have gone to 20 minutes if you're lucky!