Extended a special offer but the amount charged after the special offer was extended

Jana96
Level 1
Cape Town, South Africa

Extended a special offer but the amount charged after the special offer was extended

Hi, I extended a special offer today and when the guests wanted to pay, the amount had gone up. Why is this happening?

2 Replies 2
Steve143
Level 10
Limerick, Ireland

Hello @Jana96,

If the following doesn't explain the difference then you can suggest to the guest that they contact Airbnb support.

As the guest pays Airbnb and not the host any issues can be sorted out only between the guest and Airbnb.

There should be contact information in the confirmation notification or email that the guest received.

When you send a special offer the text beside the box where you fill in the amount says

"Enter a subtotal that includes any cleaning or extra guest fees. This won’t include service fees or applicable taxes.".

So Airbnb adds fees and any applicable taxes to your amount.

Below that there's a line indicating what the guest will pay and you can get a breakdown of it by clicking on the down chevron beside the figure.

Here's an example page with the offer, what the guest would pay and what I would receive. I clicked on the down chevrons to show the breakdown of what the guest would pay and what I'd receive.

Steve.

Screenshot (243)_LI.jpg

Jana96
Level 1
Cape Town, South Africa

Hi Steve, thanks for the reply.

However, I did exactly that, but a couple of hours later, the amount increased.  I screengrabbed the special offer before I sent it off with all the applicable services fees added.   Why would it increase once I submitted the special offer?

I can't add the image here for some reason 😞

Ok - so I will ask the guest to sort it out then.

Jana