Extended stay and a co-host opened my blocked reservation on Labor day weekend

Tabetha3
Level 2
San Antonio, TX

Extended stay and a co-host opened my blocked reservation on Labor day weekend

My fiance & I have been Stayin at the same host location for six months now with my job and the coronavirus kicking up in March I didn't want to get in a lease agreement with apartments and the host here said we do Extended Stay so we've been staying since March... The service that he uses is My BnB House .

They have 2 properties side by side one of the units has three rooms they shared living bath etc. the big house has six rooms and then there's two apartments and they're all together well since our stay there's been several errors with a double-booked rooms  and to be polite and save the owner from having to get charged so he says , Air B&B for cancellation fees each time we would be generous and try to help out and move to different room even though we was supposed to have those units for several days still .  (Sorry using talk to text a lot going on at the moment ) 

We would contact them when it was time and they would open up more blocked dates and we would book the next week or month.

First we was paying by the month and then whith the Coronavirus situation we would drop down and pay by the week and with them bouncing us all around we was having to pay a couple of days here and a couple days there every time no matter if we'd be in the same place for a month paying each week everytime time they would hit us with the cleaning fees and all the others to go with it even though there was never a maid cleaning my room Etc . and no reason for the new booking fees and all that every time and we didn't complain just went along trying to be helpful... So today here it is Labor Day weekend Saturday we had been contacting them and of course you don't here from them until its good for them . Today the co-hosts contact us same one we've always had problems with and tells us he's opened our blocked dates for the entire rest of the month (I have screenshots just from two days ago again confirming that yes they had the whole month blocked off for us ) we were trying to contact them to open some dates and pay but everytime my fiance tried to book the next days it wouldn't let her . We messaged him as soon as he said that he'd opened them and told him she was driving  would be home in 15 minutes close them.

Ee have screenshots of other co-host and they say they have opened some dates if you can't get to it right now I'm going to close them back here in just a couple minutes so that no one else gets them. Also they would raise the price high just in case so not to appeal to anyone .

So the co-host today says he opened all the dates and someone else book our apartment which I don't understand how they could when she tried for 20 minutes it would not let her.

So to make a long story short let me get to the meat he tells us we've got one hour to vacate so the maid can clean for someone else that's coming now keep in mind it's 1:30 in the afternoon Saturday of Labor Day weekend and not 30 minutes later the other guests shows up (if that) . So we try politely explain we have no idea what's going on we've been here 6 months doing the same routine and clearly something suspicious is going on and they had raised the price it's Labor Day weekend on the unit so obviously they was trying to price gouge for the holiday weekend and to top it off I have been horribly sick the last three going on 4 days possibly covid-19 I can't keep nothing down at night it's hard to breathe excetera was heading to the hospital when it happened.

I contacted Airbnb support all I could get was a chat agent but they said that no it was obviously not correct and not very polite to have done to us and they was going to handle the situation very quickly urgently and that they would have somebody call me shortly ... Well it's been a couple hours now I'm still waiting , the other people finally left , I'm getting messages from the service saying  they filed a complaint against us . 

Keep in mind for six months every time we extend we paid the full fees over and over and over never done anything about it was cleaning up after other guests for weeks at a time sending pictures to the service nasty pans in the sink 3 going on 4 weeks me telling the made everyday and never been done just a big mess.

So I'm not sure what to do or how to handle this if somebody could help and I apologize if so long I just really need someone that might be able to help to be able to grasp the entire situation to help me with what I need to do. By the way though this seems long it is the very short version so many more instances that were very unpleasant and we never would receive any help from the service other than maybe one agent and to be honest I don't even think it is actually a service  I think it's the host himself playing the role of 5 or six other people

5 Replies 5
Emiel1
Level 10
Leeuwarden, The Netherlands

@Tabetha3 

What most concerns me is that you mention being infected by Covid. It can imagine it will be extremely difficult to sort things out under such circumstances, even by the host or by Airbnb. I do not know how housing rules are in your country, but maybe you bulld up "tenants" rights by staying for such long time period in same accommodation ?

Kind regards,

Emiel

We are not sure that he has Covid19 but he started feeling sick after they messed up our reservation in the house that only had three rooms here on the property and was much better but then we was forced go to the other house there side by side but it's old and large and had six occupants and not very clean and three to four days ago he started feeling worse and throwing up horribly and all that another reason we needed to get over to this single unit but he had finally had enough of one had every intention of going to the hospital today and then all this blew up so he's in there with his head in a bucket trying to help sort this out I appreciate your concerns and yes I will look into that I was wondering the same thing just being here so long if I had any kind of tenant rights

Ann72
Level 10
New York, NY

@Tabetha3  What concerns me most is you're using talk to text but you're not using brain to edit.  As a result these are too long and confusing to read.  Good luck.

A little bit of my last concern at that moment .       

I was carrying on several conversations at that moment on a couple of different devices in a emergency situation .

P.S.

Still am 10 hrs. later  ...

@Tabetha3 It might have been your last concern at the moment, but the point is that you'd probably get more helpful responses if others could actually read and decipher your post.

I tried to read it, but I also found it somewhat impossible to make heads or tails out of.

What I don't quite understand is why, when you say you've had a lot of problems with the co-host and their unprofessional dealings, you've continued to stay there and keep rebooking it, rather than look for another place.

And it's not even clear if these are Airbnb bookings. You mentioned "My BNB House", whatever that is.