Extending Reservation

Vitalijs0
Level 2
Edinburgh, United Kingdom

Extending Reservation

I have gusts who is currently staying till 17th October and wanting to extend reservation for another month until 17th November. Does the guest have to make new reservation or it can be extended? Thanks

4 Replies 4
Sarah-and-Jeff0
Level 2
Burnsville, MN

You should be able to change it on your end... somewhere in the revervation summary should be a "Change or Cancel" link. Click here to change the dates. The guest will then get a message to accept or decline the changes. 

I did this but it does not allow me as the guest is already staying at the house and as i submit, the system says that the dates are not available when I want to extend the check-out date. How do I get past this?

Hi everybody. I did not find the option to change the reservation. My cancellation option is flexible. I  am a new host so right now I don't mind if a guest cancels at the last minute .  I have a guest who wants to extend his stay . Should he cancel and book a new reservation?. If he cancels is there any cancelation fee? . Or; is there a way that he can request an extension so I can approve it ? . My guest is planning to check-in in  three weeks . I will really appreciate your comments . Thanks and all the best. 

Spencer138
Level 1
Omaha, NE

There is not, but there should be a button guests can click to extend their stay. A key feature Airbnb is missing.

You're right, once a guest is already staying you cannot change the reservation!!!