Extra People the Exception not the Rule: How to charge

Jennifer416
Level 2
Leesburg, VA

Extra People the Exception not the Rule: How to charge

So my house sleeps 6. There is a swinging bed outide and certainly a couch. My #of guests is set at 6. If someone brings over that i have a fee. I would like it to be the exception and not the rule.  If i change the # of guest in the listing to say 7 then people will choose 7. How can i charge for the extra person (it is listed in my fees that there is a charge for extra people....) and people KNOW in davance that the "7 guests Allowed" means it actually comes with a fee.

Right now people see 7 people but not sure they can see that the charge is extra.  AirBB does not appear to automatically charge for that 7th person..i think i have to "Change the Reservation" but i want people to ask about the extra people first. 

Not sure how to do this appropriately.

4 Replies 4
Marzena4
Level 10
Kraków, Poland

It seems that you need to set the total price in the calendaar for 6 people, then in the listing indicate maximum 7, and in Pricing/Extra charges/Extra guests set the fee for any guest above 6, @Jennifer416

// "The only person you can trust is yourself"

Seems logical right? Except when you do it that way you cannot change the reservation to seven because it is set in your listing at six. Here in lies my problem

Branka-and-Silvia0
Level 10
Zagreb, Croatia

@Jennifer416 set your listing for 7 people. Set your  price for 6 people + XX $ for each additional guest after 6.

... or...

set listing for 6 and write in description that you can host 7 with additional charge of xx$. You will not be able to change the number of guests but you can either send them special offer or charge for 7th guest via resolution center.

Thank you. I’ll try that... seems I tried that route but will try it one more time. Resolution center only seems to allow me to charge them after I get the payment which of course is not until after they visit and have checked in. But I will try again