Extra guest, child

Michael5456
Level 2
Lafayette, CO

Extra guest, child

Hi, so I have a remote unit on the other side of the country but have a ring doorbell at the front door of my 2 bedroom condo. My max by law is 6 people with no additional charge or capacity over six. I do not have an explicit rule about having more than 6 people and have turned away injuries for reservations for more than 6 people. 

The group that checked in today listed and told me they were bringing 6 people. 4 adults and 2 kids. I was busy today but went to check my recordings like I do when everyone checks in and saw they have 4 adults and 3 kids. Since I do not have a policy listed about what this would mean, but I do have my max set at 6 and have video proof, I can request them to pay an additional fee for cleaning correct? My unit is in a family area and we get a lot of kids. We've had items ruined with crayon markings and our bed spreads vomited on multiple times in the last month. I know they will need more cleaning. Im also just annoyed by this. I know it's stupid and a small issue on the grand scheme of life, but I feel lied to and I'm the kind of person that sticks to their word and holds others to the same standard. 

1 Reply 1

@Michael5456   Airbnb is not going to back you up on an "additional fee for cleaning." If you temporarily increase your occupancy limit, and you have an active Extra Person Fee, you can require the guests to agree to a booking alteration that changes their party size to 7 and charge them the nightly cost of the additional person:  https://www.airbnb.com/help/article/50/as-a-host-how-do-i-make-a-change-to-a-confirmed-reservation

If you discover that anything has been damaged, you can initiate a claim via Resolutions. But if the guest refuses to pay, Airbnb still has the final say over the validity of the claim, and you'll need to provide evidence (receipts, etc) of the actual cost of repairing or replacing the damaged item. There's no provision for adding an arbitrary cleaning fee, so the only thing you can gain from trying that is a scathing review.