FAQ – QUESTIONS

Answered!
Jane398
Level 2
Caloocan, Philippines

FAQ – QUESTIONS

You can ask me anything about Airbnb on how it works, hosting, etc. name it and I will answer you in the best way I can. I will be more than willing to help! 🙂

1 Best Answer

Hi @Ingrid144

About ur payout, are u a new host? Coz if u are then Airbnb does this new payout system where they will hold ur first payout for like 30 days for u to establish ur credibility as a host. Uhmmm if u are not a new host then i suggest u contact Airbnb and check with them why u are still not receiving ur payout. Also please consider the processing time of ur financial provider coz airbnb usually releases the payout 24 hours after the scheduled check in date but u will receive ur  payout depending on ur financial provider processing time. you may also check ur transaction history page to check the status of ur payout.

hopes this answers ur question.

have a great day. 

View Best Answer in original post

95 Replies 95
Jane398
Level 2
Caloocan, Philippines

Hi @Pat134

Yes, there should be a way to receive notification for that u will have to contact airbnb. However even without notice i believe that there will always be a notification that should appear on ur guest dashboard about leaving a review, if not then he can go to his trips and find the most recent trips and from there, their is already an option to leave review or ur guest can go to his profile and click reviews and select reviews by you. That way they can compete or submit review for you.

Have a good day. 🙂

Bonnie77
Level 2
Miramar Beach, FL

I have 7 years of reviews on VRBO but am making the switch to Airbnb,  how can I bring some of those revies over?

Jeff158
Level 10
Caernarfon, United Kingdom

Hi @Bonnie77

You can't bring any reviews across to airbnb, we all started with none.

Darn.  Thank you Jeff.

Screen shot the reviews and place them in the photos of your Airbnb listing 

Hi

I have just listed my Log Cabin with AirB&B and i just want to confirm that AirB&B takes payment from any guests and then they pay me, just received my first booking but am a littel confused as on the booking confirmation it has a button that says request money.  If some one could just reasure me that would be great.

Jeff158
Level 10
Caernarfon, United Kingdom

Hi @Simon258

The request money button is for extras you might bill guests for.

Guests pay on booking, you get payed 24hrs after the guest arrives, EXCEPT you are a new host and will not be paid for upto 30 days for the 1st bookings. read this : when-will-i-get-my-payout

Have fun hosting

Pierre235
Level 1
Avignon, France

HI DO YOU FEEL HAPPY?

SO TELL ME I WOULD WANT TO LEAVE THE LASTING SITE SOME TIME THAT TO MAKE?

Chetan2
Level 1
Denmark

hi Jane,

This is so nice of you to help people with these general questions here.

i have a very small problem, there might be something that i might be doing wrong, but as you know AirBnB asks for verifying the phone number before making a booking.

i live in denmark, and here the mobile numbers are of 8 digits.

now the verification portal for AIRBnb is not accepting 8 digits in there and throws an error saying: you'll need to use another number as we cannot support this.

do you have any idea about how to resolve this.

thanks a ton in advance.

would be waiting for your reply on this.

Regards

Chetan

Jane398
Level 2
Caloocan, Philippines

Hi @Chetan2

Im sorry to hear your concern. Truly verification process is a challenge, for that concern you have i believe we have lots of guests and hosts who are from Denmark so i think the country where u came from doesnt make a difference. I would suggest u add a different phone number. 

I believe Airbnb is still working to cater all network providers all over the world to avoid this kind of issues.

Hope this helps. Have a great day!

Stacy34
Level 1
Portland, OR

I have a house--with power!--in Florida.  (I'm in Oregon right now.)  I've blocked off days because I have friends staying there until they have power again. I'm getting inquiries for unblocked days, with notes from people asking for those blocked days.  I'll be willing to unblock them as soon as my friends have power again, but in the meantime I can't accept, and declining cuts off all communication.  What to do?

I've also gotten a request for 12 people (the house sleeps 😎 with kids when it's listed as "no kids." (I didn't have a chance to childproof it before I left town and their are cleaners and pool chemicals at floor level.)  Will I get dinged for refusing 12 people?

Thanks,
Stacy

Jane398
Level 2
Caloocan, Philippines

Hi @Stacy34

I would suggest you snooze your listing first if you dont wanna get an enquiry in the meantime while you are still not sure when is your friend leaving. You willl not be dinged as long as you are responding to the request or inquiries accordingly. Remember that part of hosting standard is the communication where response rate is being measured. You can check help center www.airbnb.com/help to check the steps to snooze your listing. 

Hope this helps.

Latifa9
Level 2
Sarajevo, Bosnia and Herzegovina

Hi, I want to cancel my booking, but the host has a strict cancellation policy. Despite that agreed to give me back the full amount, but I don't know how to make it happen. So what do I do, and what is he suppose to do to notify airbnb that we don't want the strict policy to be applied? It's very urgent! Thank you! 

Jane398
Level 2
Caloocan, Philippines

I would suggest contact airbnb right away.