FAQ – QUESTIONS

Answered!
Jane398
Level 2
Caloocan, Philippines

FAQ – QUESTIONS

You can ask me anything about Airbnb on how it works, hosting, etc. name it and I will answer you in the best way I can. I will be more than willing to help! 🙂

1 Best Answer

Hi @Ingrid144

About ur payout, are u a new host? Coz if u are then Airbnb does this new payout system where they will hold ur first payout for like 30 days for u to establish ur credibility as a host. Uhmmm if u are not a new host then i suggest u contact Airbnb and check with them why u are still not receiving ur payout. Also please consider the processing time of ur financial provider coz airbnb usually releases the payout 24 hours after the scheduled check in date but u will receive ur  payout depending on ur financial provider processing time. you may also check ur transaction history page to check the status of ur payout.

hopes this answers ur question.

have a great day. 

View Best Answer in original post

95 Replies 95
Marcus66
Level 1
Sydney, Australia

Hello! I was wondering where i can edit the part where you set how many % payment is required prior the check in date. eg, i remember selecting 40%, i want to change it to 50%, then the remainder in full paid 7 days prior to arrival.

Jane398
Level 2
Caloocan, Philippines

Hi @Marcus66

I dont think that feature is still available or if you are seeing that in your account then its cool though if you have already submitted the reservation there is no way to edit he % of payment. If you havent created any booking yet then it usually appears in the check-out page.

Carol343
Level 2
Salaberry-de-Valleyfield, Canada

I have a reservation booked for an upcoming trip to Puerto Rico.  I have made numerous efforts to contact owner since Hurricane Maria devastated the island.  I am very uncomfortable not knowing if I have a place to stay.  I have read on this community of someone who cancelled his reservation because of extenuating circumstances and claims Airbnb is giving him the run around.  We don’t even know if se we rented is still standing.  Is there anyway to actually communicate with someone from Airbnb to know how to resolve this.  We intend to respect our reservation , if that is a possibility but would like to change our airline ticket or book another place if this is not going to happen.  We are quite concerned because this reservation is two hours from San Juan where conditions may take much longer to get back to normal.  

Jane398
Level 2
Caloocan, Philippines

Hi @Carol343

I'm sorry for the delayes response. I hope everything is well by now and sorted out however if its not yet, please contact airbnb for extenuating circumstances. I know they have dedicated team to help. You might consider rebooking too or if not i believe refund will be consider.

Hope that helps. Take care. Have a good day! 

Reuben10
Level 2
Mombasa, Kenya

Hello Jane, am a host and I have pre - approved a reservation for 12 persons and i have set a base price of $250 per night. They are a group of 12 persons booking for 2 nigts. How do I calculate the total earning I will receive from the booking? Will it be $250 multiplied by 2 then multiplied by 12?

Jane398
Level 2
Caloocan, Philippines

Hello  @Reuben10

You will see your potential earning from the message thread you have with your guest. The earning is calculated like this: $250/per night multiply to the numbers of nights. If u have extra guest fee for example $10 extra guest fee after 1 guest so it will be $10 x 11 guest multiply to the number of nights so for example 2nights.

$250x2nights= $500

$10x11 guest = $110 x 2 nights =$220

$500+$220= $720

The $720 is the accomodation price that includes the extra guest fee then the cleaning fee will be added there if u have cleaning fee charge  and after it has been computed the host service fee will be deducted.  Then the remaining is your payout.

Remember that the weekly discounts or monthly discounts are applied after the nightly price has been calculated. 

I hope that answers your question. 

Have a good day!

Reuben10
Level 2
Mombasa, Kenya

please help Jane. Thank you.

Hello Jane! 

I am at a lost on how the special offer works esprcially on a long staying guest requesting for bargain price. 

Please walk me thru. 

Jane398
Level 2
Caloocan, Philippines

Hi @Glo0

I do apologize for the delayed response. Regarding special offer, you will have to compute ur nightly rate multiply to how many days minus your discount plus the cleaning fee plus the extra guest fee. For example:

$100*30 nights= $3000

For example the discount you are going to give is 10%

So it will be $3000-$300= $2700

$250 cleaning fee

$10/extra guest per night(for example there are 5 guest and u are charging extra guest after the first guest)

$10*4=$40

$40*30nights= $1200(extra gues fee)

So...

$2700+$250+$1200=$4150

$4150 should be the amount that should put as subtotal. Please remember that airbnb will still add there service fee to that.

I hope that helps.

Lauri13
Level 2
La Center, WA

Hi Jane.  THanks for offering to help.  I have a guest who I sent a special offer to then had to rescind because I calculated it incorrectly.  I corrected it, then sent a new offer.  They accepted the offer and the site said it was accepted but their visa needs to be verified (they are staying for 5 months and it is quite a large amount).  I assumed these dates would be blocked while Airbnb verifies but in checking it those dates are still wide open.  Also, I never received a notice from Airbnb that they had accepted the special offer and when I got back into my inbox it says the guest has 24 hours to accept the request.  Is this showing up this way because they have not been able to verify the payment or have I or they messed up somewhere.  So confusing!  I have turned my instant booking off so there is no danger of anyone being able to book without my approval, but I would feel so much better if these dates were actually blocked.  What do you know about this?

Lauri

Jane398
Level 2
Caloocan, Philippines

Hi @Lauri5

Uhmmm, if its a special offer and the guest are still being ask to verify there payment method then they have 12 to 24 hours to verify it if im not mistaken. Please remember that verification is done for security purpose to make the community safer. I would suggest that your guest contact Airbnb to check their account and help them if they need guide about verification. Its good thing though that u turned off instant booking in the mean time to avoid sudden booking. Just dont block the dates, turning off the instant booking setting is enough. If you receive reservation request you u simply decline it. That way it wont affect ur response rate.

You have mentioned that the guest already accepted the reservation right, if they are being asked to verify their payment method and the reservation you said is accepted then meaning your calendar dates are blocked. If your guest wont be able to complete the verification then the reservation will be cancelled and ur calendar will be available again. 

I hope this information helps.

Take care. Happy New year.

Patricia330
Level 2
Toronto, Canada

I joined AirBnb and rented my property on here the first time last year. I always collect a reservation deposit and I am sure I was able to collect same on AirBnb last year.  This year, there is no place, anywhere, showing the transaction and the request for a booking deposit. 

Where can I go on the site to include this in my listing.

Jeff158
Level 10
Caernarfon, United Kingdom

Hi @Patricia330

Go to your listing, click on pricing, and then click "Edit" at extra charges to add a security deposit, although this is notional and not collected by airbnb.

If you mean a booking deposit, this is at airbnb's discretion and not everyone is offered the option.

This post has further information

Payments-How-They-Work-A-Community-Help-Guide

Hello @Patricia330

The instruction provided by jeff is correct. Please know that security deposit is not being collected prior to making a reservation. If you need to collect security deposit you will have to submit a claim via resolution center (airbnb.com/resolutions). When u submit a claim necessary documents(pictures, videos, receipts, etc.) to support your claim will be needed especially if airbnb will have to mediate.

I hope that helps. Have a good day! 🙂

Louise246
Level 2
England, United Kingdom

Hi, my iPhone app is stuck in a loop. I try and log on with Google (as directed). It asks me for permission to view my contacts. I hit "Allow" and it goes back to the log in page. And around and around I go... Can anyone advise?!