FAQ – QUESTIONS

Answered!
Jane398
Level 2
Caloocan, Philippines

FAQ – QUESTIONS

You can ask me anything about Airbnb on how it works, hosting, etc. name it and I will answer you in the best way I can. I will be more than willing to help! 🙂

1 Best Answer

Hi @Ingrid144

About ur payout, are u a new host? Coz if u are then Airbnb does this new payout system where they will hold ur first payout for like 30 days for u to establish ur credibility as a host. Uhmmm if u are not a new host then i suggest u contact Airbnb and check with them why u are still not receiving ur payout. Also please consider the processing time of ur financial provider coz airbnb usually releases the payout 24 hours after the scheduled check in date but u will receive ur  payout depending on ur financial provider processing time. you may also check ur transaction history page to check the status of ur payout.

hopes this answers ur question.

have a great day. 

View Best Answer in original post

95 Replies 95
Jeff158
Level 10
Caernarfon, United Kingdom

Hi @Jane398

Its very nice of you to offer to help hosts on the forum, you don't have a listing on your profile, so i assume you are not a host. This could prove difficult when answering questions as you have no access to the host dashboard, which frequently has a hiccup.

But hey what the hell, I'm in a good mood today, pick a couple of posts to answer, see how you get on.

ps. you don't have to ask permission to help.

Jane398
Level 2
Caloocan, Philippines

@Jeff158

Hello! Thank you for your response. Truly appreciate your feedback! My friends and relative are hosting with Airbnb and I'm helping them out. I also have a hosting dashboard since I'm currently in the process of listing my property. I understand where you are coming from but even though it's not showing in my profile that I have a listing doesn't mean that I don't know anything about how it works. Once again thanks for the feedback. Have a great day 🙂

`Hi 

Can someone help answer this question. Its happened twice to me now. The first time I just ignored it as didn't know how to fix the problem but now its happened a second time. I had instant booking on and while I was speaking with someone about making a reservation someone instant booked before I could block the calendar. I cancelled the airbnb reservation to honor the conversation I was having with the other party. It happened once a few months ago and I cancelled the reservation right away and got a penalty prevention to becoming a superhost. I let that go as didn't seem that important at the time. But now its happened again although this is worse.  I was speaking to a man who contacted me directly to stay at the property after seeing it at our website and while we were discussing the days he would stay etc his wife booked directly through air bnb. Literally as I sent the email offering the place to the man I got notified that the property was instantly booked. I immediately cancelled the reservation to honor the committment I made to the man. This time I've also been charged £50. I told the man what had happened and he apologized said that it had been his wife and has offered to pay me the £50. How do I tell airbnb what happened there doesn't seem anywhere to speak directly to them anymore and is there anyway to not have this happen but still get the benefit of instant booking. 

Jane398
Level 2
Caloocan, Philippines

Hi @Kara53

The benefit of using instant book is that u can cancel the reaervation penalty free when u are uncomfortable with the reservation or if the dates which are supposed to be blocked was booked for some reason. You just have to choose the right reason when cancelling it. You should choose the reason that you are not comfortable. You can read articles from airbnb help center as reference. As per waiving the penalty you can reach out to Airbnb about that to check if they can waive it for you. 

Hope that helps.

Have a good day.

Kamal15
Level 1
Beirut, Lebanon

heloo am booking a place wich will cost me $655 and the security deposit is $1234, is that normal isnt it to hight comparing to the rent?

plus how does that work ? will the amount be blocked on my credit card and for how long? OR will take them?

thank you, Kamal

Jane398
Level 2
Caloocan, Philippines

@Kamal0

Thanks for your interest in booking and for reaching out.

The security deposit is not being collected upfront nor being hold or block from your credit card. Security deposit can't also be collected outside the platform.

The price of the security deposit may be higher than the price since all host can set their security deposit upto $5000 but not necessarily mean that it will be the amount that will be charge to you if ever. The only time the security deposit will be charge to you is when your host makes a claim after your check-out if in any case you have accidentally made any damage to the property. The amount can be lower depending on the damage. Your host can only make a claim within 14days after you check-out or before another guest checks in. You can check airbnb.com/help for your reference.

thank you so much 🙂 and have a nice weekend.

Jane398
Level 2
Caloocan, Philippines

You are very much welcome! And have a great weekend too 🙂

Hello, I had a 2 night booking last weekend and the guests left on Monday, to today no payment has been received. What should I do?

Hi @Ingrid144

About ur payout, are u a new host? Coz if u are then Airbnb does this new payout system where they will hold ur first payout for like 30 days for u to establish ur credibility as a host. Uhmmm if u are not a new host then i suggest u contact Airbnb and check with them why u are still not receiving ur payout. Also please consider the processing time of ur financial provider coz airbnb usually releases the payout 24 hours after the scheduled check in date but u will receive ur  payout depending on ur financial provider processing time. you may also check ur transaction history page to check the status of ur payout.

hopes this answers ur question.

have a great day. 

Thank You 

Hi. I am new to this. My cottage has been reserved for a weekend in Oct., and was paid for by credit card. I have linked my pay pal account to my airbnb as payout method. Does this mean that at the appropriate time, airbnb will drop funds into my pay pal account? Can I link it to my bank account? Thank you!

Jane398
Level 2
Caloocan, Philippines

Hi @Betsy42

Yes there is a way to send the payout in ur bank account so long as your banck account is added to your payout method you can switch the payment method you want your payout to be send. All you have to do is to go to your account the click transaction history, click future tab next to the reservation you will see drop down menu click that and just follow instruction. Moving forward if you want to receive your payout in your bank account, set it as your default payout method. 

Have a great day 🙂

Thank you!

Betsy