Facebook & Email change

Roz8
Level 1
Grantham, United Kingdom

Facebook & Email change

The FB profile I used when I first came onto Air BNB has changed as I changed my name. Because I did this, the URL of my profile has changed. I'm trying to now change the email address on my Air BNB account and it won't let me unless I verify my FB password, which of course I am doing but it is saying it is the wrong account. 

Air BNB is not letting me change my password and when I go to trust and verifications, it says I'm not connected to FB, so I think there is a ghost in the machine!

My issue to be resolved then is a) change my email address b) remove old FB account and reestablish connection with the new one. (Even though the FB accounts are not different, just had a change of name.)

Please help as it's driving me crazy that I can't do it myself!

Many thanks x

9 Replies 9
David1794
Level 1
Accra, Ghana

I have the same problem. Did you ever get an answer from Airbnb or figure it out? Please share if you did thanks 

David 

Amanda424
Level 1
New York, NY

I found a trick around this today. Go to Trust and Verification, unlink your AirBnb to your facebook, THEN add a work email at the bottom of your profile, that email will then be valid to edit your profile and change the email everything gets sent to.

As Amanda has said you unlink your AirBNB from your facebook via the settings. I wasn't able to add my new email address as a work one as it wasn't recognised as a valid work email - I was able to select PW reset after unlinking from FB - this sends an email to my FB email address however so I still needed access to this. Once I had changed/set the new PW I was able to update my AirBNB email address.

I had the same problem. Can't changed my email adress and it asked me for my password but I don't have one because I get through with facebook. I tryed to save with my fb password but it won't do the change. I asked advice at the technician of airbnb and she answered me that she can't do anything. I have to cancel my account and re-creat an another one! She can send me a replaced password to be changed to my old email but not to my professionnel one!  without any good reason...What a stupid answer! I'm gonna try what you guys did... I don't want to erase my profile background... 

Valérie319
Level 1
Saint-Colomban, Canada

when I try change my password, I register and it ask me for my password. If I have one, I don't remember it. I always have get through fb so I don't know why it ask me password... If I want to change the password, it ask me for the old password!, which I don't remember! They want to send me through the email wich is no good and if I try with my professsionnel email, I says it sent but I get absolutely NOTHING and my email is verified! Piece of **bleep** AIRBNB my god! 

Gillian305
Level 1
England, United Kingdom

Is there any plan to fix this as it is a pretty bad issue. If the site uses OAuth, it should use it for everything, not render OAuth users blocked from some features forever. 
- I signed up using facebook
- Made a booking... and then was informed the booking response would go to the email address associated with the facebook account.
- My facebook email address is out of date and I don't have access to it anymore
- I tried to update the email address on my airbnb account but that requires a password
- I don't have a password because I signed up via facebook
- I'm nervous of trying the 'unlink facebook account' workaround described above as I have a booking in progress and fear losing access to the account and the money put down in the reservation.
This is a bit of a difficult position to be in an update would be aprreciated.
Thanks
Gillian

I'm in this exact same boat right now too. I'm hoping the booking message will still go to my messages on here. I really like the place I booked! I'll try the above unlinking the account from FB after this, but that's quite a way off. Really hoping they fix this issue so the emails update when they change on FB.

Awesome Post. it's helpful. If you need more details about this topic. check it- change primary email on facebook

I am Henry max from New York (USA). I was born in New York City, in 1990, I got schooling in New York, But move to Californian. After schooling, I did graduation from The University of California, I moved to back New York in 2013.

To stop malwarebytes popups, carry out the steps given in the blog.