Failure in resolution center

Salvatore69
Level 2
London, United Kingdom

Failure in resolution center

I have had a guest who damaged my bath and went through the resolution center to ask him money as per airbnb process. They decline. Then I involve airbnb who direct me to a new form. I fill the form and provide pictures and quote (according to their very stringent timeline and very stressful process).

After a few days, I get a response from the resolution center that the quote does not have a stamp thus they are declining my request and closing the case.

Who uses a stamp in their quotes in the UK in 2017? So the new economy (airbnb) asks you to use an obsolete tool as an excuse not to pay your damages?  They also say their decision is final and the case is now closed.

My question is how can I challenge their decision (also via the legal process) and protect my rights to compensation?

19 Replies 19

I fully agree with you.

But I have tweeted them about it you can check if you like @smiserendino

They do not reply about it anymore so it I would guess they want to discourage anyone going down the arbitration route.

I could go and file it myself at the price of $200 USD if I do it in the US or £600 in the UK, but how can I expect them to pick up this tab if they clearly do not want to stick to their own terms?

My reading and it is worth what you are paying is that the only option you currently have is to go through the US option, as ABB have said they pay those fees I would put that down and see what happens. I assume they have a contract with AAA.

I sort of assume that it is set up to shall we say disourage people following through.

David

I'm filing arbitration.  Airbnb denied me without discussion.

I advise everyone in my situation--guest or host, dog or cat--to join.

I also advise all credit card companies to cancel service with this company.  Aribitration makes the dispute process on a credit card invalid.  And arbitration also takes away your right to sue in any court.

I doubt this is sustainable if Airbnb fails to live up to multiple terms of service articles that they themselves wrote.

I'm like a tribune dealing with Caesar.

From what I have seen, If you take the matter to the arbitration panel and Airbnb fails to show up, the panel will, by default, rule in your favor and then you will have a legal award on which you can act.  In the US you would have to take the award to the court of the county where Airbnb resides and get a writ of execution, give it to a constable and have them start garnishing property and or bank accounts from them until they pay in full. 

I would get a lawyer and have him handle the matter in your behalf. 

AirBnB's arbitration process is binding.

David