Fake Listing

Alejandro165
Level 1
Frankfurt, Germany

Fake Listing

Hello Everyone,

I am searching for an apartment in Frankfurt am Main, germany and one of them have sent me an email with a document that I have to fill in plus he told me everything is done by Airbnb.

I dont really trust him because I have no idea that Airbnb is working with webpages where you search for apartments and the price is fair to low for the apartments, which will make me very happy if the advert is true.

Here is the email (in German). What do you think? Real or fake?

Dies ist mein privates Eigentum, also gibt es keine Agenturgebühren oder Steuern.

Vor ein paar Wochen habe ich einen Arbeitsvertrag in London, UK unterzeichnet, also bin ich nicht in der Lage, persönlich zu kommen, um Ihnen das Eigentum zu zeigen.

Ich möchte Airbnb (www.Airbnb.de) verwenden, da sie derzeit meine Immobilie verwalten. Sobald Sie die Buchung an Airbnb bestätigen, wird sich einer Ihrer Agenten mit Ihnen in Verbindung setzen, um einen Termin für die Wohnung zu vereinbaren.

Mit Airbnb-System sind beide Parteien vollständig geschützt, weil sie die Gelder halten, bis Sie den Mietvertrag unterzeichnen. Natürlich sind ihre Gebühren von mir abgedeckt. Für weitere Informationen darüber, wie es funktioniert, gehen Sie bitte auf den folgenden Link: https://www.airbnb.de/help/getting-started/how-it-works

Mieterselbstauskunft ist in dieser E-Mail-Nachricht beigefügt. Wenn alles gut zu Ihnen klingt, antworten Sie bitte mit dem unterzeichneten und vollendeten Dokument.

Ich würde mich freuen, eine baldige Antwort von Ihnen zu bekommen.

Let me know your thoughts!

Thank you in advance!

Alejandro

3 Replies 3
Venus4
Level 3
Newbury, United Kingdom

Hello, thought to join this thread as we had a weird one today.  Our neighbour messaged us this afternoon saying a lady rang the building intercom, asking that she has booked for the flat.....good thing our neighbour knows that someone is already staying at the flat, and of course informed her that she will usually be accompanied by us (hosts) when they check in.  The lady just seemed irate with her *agent* or 'contact'  .... so even her attitude was fairly calm for someone who obviously has been conned.  We don't know if the lady was just checking from our local council, or if she was truly given our listing (we don't know how the scammers got our full address too which is worrying )  

I think best case is to contact airbnb directly and not via personal emails and of course, gut instinct.  If it doesn't feel right, probably isn't. 😞  

Hi Venus, Hi Alejandro, what you describe is an absolutely fake! I've got this kind of answer by applying for a rental flat: The owner got a job abroad, not present but an airbnb-agent will come to pass the keys if one has payed the deposit of three months etc. Despite of that, a normal airbnb-booking-process goes trough your account with all formalities, so you should NEVER answer to such offers or instructions!!! Best Regards Maria from Frankfurt

Venus4
Level 3
Newbury, United Kingdom

Sorry forgot about this post -- full story of what happened to us -- she was our guest, but she got her dates wrong!  🙂    She was booked for a different AirBnB couple blocks down.  And she turned up for our booking after a few days and was lovely.  Happy Ending!