I have recently booked a place in Costa Rica for a large family vacation. Previous to this booking we had booked another place, but they cancelled so we went back to the drawing board-- hard do to with a group of 13 adults.
After seeminlgy countless hours of scouring Airbnb, a new place came on the market. The host had literally just joined to day before. I view this as no problem because every host needs to have their "first". However, the house seems too good to be true and now I'm scared that it is too good.
The host promptly answered my request to book and its all confirmed but now after some sleuthing I have found the same rental on other rental sites for about 4x the price I have booked it for on Airbnb.. Is this good fortune or am I kidding myself?
Is there any way to see if this place is legit? I am scared we won't find accomidations within our budget!
There is something on this listing which gives me some doubts:
- The host does not have ID identification
- The profile/host is named Natalia, but the text says: I am Maria Camila. No usefull introduction at all.
- The price is for the whole house, no matter how many people (up to 14) are in the booking. Strange.
- What do they mean by: service of "Costa Rica Star Villas" ?
Maybe some more investigation must be done ?
I agree all of these things seem odd to me too.. I looked up the "Costa Rica Star Villas" and the house is on there and is listed as unavailable for the dates I have booked. I am trying to be optimistic but don't want to get taken for a ride... I also don't know who to contact at airbnb for some answers.
Thanks for your help,
I found it too on their website, but totally different price level.
I suggest for contact one of the options listed here:
If you want written communication (for later proof), best is to seek help via de contact form. It connects also the reservation to it.
It needs some clicks, but if you do it the right way it will work fine.
best regards, emiel
- You can check if there are sufficient verifications in the profile of the host, like ID veirfication
- You can check yourself if your communication, booking,payment etc are all done within the Airbnb system following proper procedures
- You can read some more:
If still some ambigious feelings, contact AIRBNB and ask for advice.
Hope this helps,Emiel