Fake booking

Agnes405
Level 2
Windhoek, Namibia

Fake booking

Hi
since April this year I have been reporting various times that I receive pop up messages on my phone (please note that I only ticked email as notification medium) regarding bookings, sometimes even confirmed bookings but they don't show actually on my airbnb account. Sometimes these bookings are even for dates that are not available. I can't answer these messages, if there is a link which sometimes shows it's always expired.
Each time I report it, I am told that somebody will look into it and come back to me, but this never happened.
It is frustrating for me as a host, but I suppose it's even more frustrating for the guests who might think they booked a place although the haven't.
At the end it puts just mistrust and a bad light on Airbnb.
Kind regards
@Agnes405

Ps: Is this happening to somebody else too? And what can one do to avoid it?

2 Replies 2
Vivian860
Level 5
Richmond, ME

This has not happened to me so I can't tell you much. I would go into AirBnB settings and change your notifications to just an email instead of text notification. This way if you receive a text you know to just delete it. My phone lets me know a REAL booking has gone through because there is a distinct sound that AirBnB has to alert me a booking just took place. I have an Iphone that makes this sound. I did have an Android that did not allow this specific sound to come through. I would rely on the AirBnB notification and sound for real bookings and dismiss/delete the fake text bookings. Can you block the text number? 

Agnes405
Level 2
Windhoek, Namibia

Thank you @Vivian860, Airbnb sorted my problem, they were very helpful and I am truly sadisfied.