Fake or hijacked Profile Account?

Marc156
Level 3
Surat Thani, Thailand

Fake or hijacked Profile Account?

Just got a very weird booking that I wanted to share with the community...
Yesterday a Chinese lady made a request for 1 night/3 adults. I pre-approved her. This morning, I got an instant-booking for the same period but 4 adults and from an account that belongs to a German host. It's all in German, with a German name and even the profile picture is a German dude. I asked him if he is the same customer as the lady from yesterday and he replied in Chinese that indeed he is. But why is he using a German Host Account? He doesn't speak German nor English... It looks to me as if they use either a fake or a high-jacked account. I emailed ABB but no reply. I contacted the guests but they do not answer my questions as to why they use a German profile that clearly doesn't belong to them. Any advice?

4 Replies 4
Marc156
Level 3
Surat Thani, Thailand

no activity in this community?

Mathieu336
Level 1
Paris, France

Hi Marc
I know this subject is a long time ago for you. But my profile has been hijacked with a Chinese booking, young lady. She changed the price per night (from 175 € to 1.000 €), she booked my apt, and confirmed directly on my airbnb profile, then called to cancel (I was on the call with Airbnb also on the phone to tell them about the weird booking). And now they apply some cancellation fees for her. I can not reach anyone at Airbnb to sort this out. Did you get any response ?
Thank you 

Quincy
Community Manager
Community Manager
London, United Kingdom

Hello @Mathieu336, I've passed this on to the team earlier today. However, have you been able to reach out to Airbnb already? If not, we have a contact guide >here<

-----

Please follow the Community Guidelines // Volg de communityrichtlijnen

Marc156
Level 3
Surat Thani, Thailand

Sadly no