Fall around swimming pool / negligence of landlord / he refused to compensate

Francois70
Level 1
Paris, France

Fall around swimming pool / negligence of landlord / he refused to compensate

Hello - I need some help.

In August we rent a property with a swimmig pool shared by an estate with other houses. In Mykonos.

There was a hole around the swimming pool, due to missing tile. No protection. No cover. No panel to cover it. No billboard to keep people away fromn this hole, deep as around 1m.

Regretably, I made a fall into it. Result: emergency surgery on my leg in local clinic. Vacations ruined. Repeated visits to the clinic. Back to France, 2 months of treatment.

Been in contact with landlord. He asked for medical receipts. Which I provided. Then he asked me for what i wanted. 

I asked to the landlord for a. reimbursement of medical expenses. b. compensation/indemnity for ruining my holidays, as it is a result of his/the estate negligence to fail covering the hole.

Ever since news. Even threatening him of legal action.

Q: can you Airbnb please blacklist this landlord?

Q: how can you help me?

thank you so much. Kind regards,

François [Email address hidden]

2 Replies 2
Linda108
Level 10
La Quinta, CA

This is terrible, @Francois70.  I hope you are getting better.  This is a host forum so you have not reached Air BNB.  If you have a claim against a host you need to make that claim and provide the requested information.  Nothing is automatic, but like any liability claim, the insurance needs to get the relevant information.  If you think the host is not cooperative, you can flag the profile of the host by going to the profile and clicking on a little flag.

I would think the host needs to figure out what to do as well.  I am unclear as to what you asked for in terms of money, but it might be better to be specific with Air BNB rather than the host.

I do not know how to process a guest liabilty claim, so here is a guide to contacting Air BNB

https://community.withairbnb.com/t5/Help/Contact-Airbnb-A-Community-Help-Guide/m-p/16165#M728

Good luck and take care, Linda

Fred13
Level 10
Placencia, Belize

Just out of curiosity what is - ".... a. reimbursement of medical expenses. b. compensation/indemnity for ruining my holidays, .." worth, in France?