False Listing

Ana824
Level 1
Ramos Mejía, Argentina

False Listing

Several days ago I made a reservation for a department stated as "entire department", but when we arrived today (the day of our reservation) it was a shared bedroom with shared common spaces. The reservation was for 5 days and, therefore, the cancelation fee was high. I have lost a lot of money and this was clearly a scam, how can I get my full refund or report this place? As I made the cancelation, I can't even leave a bad comment to warn people! I've report both the host and the place, but I don't think Airbnb takes this seriously. Is there any other way?

7 Replies 7
Marzena4
Level 10
Kraków, Poland

In fact if you reported that host and listing to airbnb, it was the most important thing to do. And it seems that under new rules you should be able to leave a review for that host. Check in your message history whether you have the link.

// "The only person you can trust is yourself"
Ruben75
Level 1
Arroyo Grande, CA

First time using airbnb and listing was false, the address was a shopping center, when called host she said she wasnt even part of the service.  How do I get a refund.  Out $209 and no room.

Emiel1
Level 10
Leeuwarden, The Netherlands

Hello @Ruben75 ,

Report the listing ("report" link is just below the Book button on the listing) , contact Airbnb and explain what happened:

Contact Airbnb - A Community Help Guide [UPDATED]

Best regards,Emiel

Ruben75
Level 1
Arroyo Grande, CA

Thank you Emiel, not the best first experience.....

Marit-Anne0
Level 10
Bergen, Norway

@Ana824

When you arrive at a listing that does not meet the description, you are supposed to contact airbnb with the issue asap for a full refund.  

Contact details for airbnb will be found in your booking confirmation.

Quincy
Community Manager
Community Manager
London, United Kingdom

Hello @Ruben75,

Welcome to the Community Center.

I am very sorry to hear this! Have you been in touch with Airbnb? 

-----

Please follow the Community Guidelines // Volg de communityrichtlijnen

I have messaged every avenue provided me via the website... tried to call but have had to drop the call everytime, due to being on hold for so long....