Family Emergency, change of plans...

Melinda12
Level 2
Auburn, WA

Family Emergency, change of plans...

We are due to have our first guests arrive. We have a family emergency (live in Mom-in-law had a heart attack)  that involves having our family having to stay with us for at least one or two nights (leaving no room to accomodate anyone). I hate to cancel, I have sent a message and tried calling my guests, but can't reach them... Very worried about how to deal with all of this crisis.  What to do?

4 Replies 4
Reid-and-Barbara0
Level 1
New Braunfels, TX

Notify the guest and call Airbnb.  Explain extinuating circumstances.Then cancel the reservation.

@Melinda12, yes, contact AirBnB. It's possible they will guide you through the cancellation. Once you have provided documented evidence of the medical emergency, the cancellation notice will be removed from your listing. (This was the procedure I experienced recently when I fell ill and had to cancel a guest who was to arrive 7 days later. AirBnB also assured me that they would do their best to find alternative accommodation for the guest.)

You should contact AirBnB immediately.

You can reach them via the Help link at bottom of this page.

Or via Facebook.

https://www.facebook.com/airbnb/?fref=ts

Or – if you have a Twitter account - try twitter@airbnbhelp. It’s said there’s a quick response.

More essential reading for hosts. Contains a link with several international phone numbers (‘How to contact AirBnB’).

https://community.airbnb.com/t5/General-Hosting/Community-Help-Guides/m-p/23100#U23100

Regarding Contact numbers in the above link, I've twice recently had quick responses via the Netherlands phone number.

(Though oddly enough, the person to whom I spoke was actually in the US.)

Here’s the US number.

+1 (415) 800 5959

What is the phone number for airbnb?

JT-On-Behalf-Of0
Level 3
Santa Clara, CA

Melinda,

I would call Airbnb right away.  Here's their number:  415-800-5959.

If you explain the situation to them, they should be understanding with extenuating circumstances like this.

Good luck!

JT