Federal Coronavirus Relief for STR Hosts

Rebecca1252
Level 2
Pacific Grove, CA

Federal Coronavirus Relief for STR Hosts

Anyone that is an Air BNB Host who has figured out how to apply for Federal Benefits (money relief) from the Feds now that there is a bill passed for Coronavirus  Emergency funds from Congress?   I'm told that you can apply for "Unemployment Benefits as a HOST?"  But find little info on that doing a search this am.  I am California based home host.  HELP. 

5 Replies 5
Linda108
Level 10
La Quinta, CA

I wonder if a Small Business Administration loan is a potential resource for you, @Rebecca1252 .  Pretty sure the unemployment system will not be revamped to include self-employed or small business owners.  Given the possibility of scams being promoted, I would be careful of such ideas.  All that being said, if you find a credible source for "unemployment insurance" for hosts, do let us know.  I just check the CA EDD (Employment Development Department) and do not see any change in eligibility requirements. 😛

not an option for me I owe on my house no way they will give me a loan when I can't even pay my mortgage now or utilities.  Panetta town hall call last night said that "Federal Pandemic Unemployment Insurance" is what they approved for tourism and service businesses.  Thanks, hope we all find it soon and get relief.

John1080
Level 10
Westcliffe, CO

@Rebecca1252 , I'd call my member of Congress and inquire if there are any programs that you may be able to utilize. 

I am also a CA Host and am looking for info about this.

I did my best to pay through the CA EDD website.  I just got my paperwork back and they didnt register any income from  AirBnB.  Therefore I didnt get an award.  Does anyone how to apply correctly, is it the state or the feds that will be paying?