Feedback on my listing

Danielle1355
Level 1
Washington, DC

Feedback on my listing

Greetings, all—

I've just posted my very first listing yesterday and would love to get feedback from some of the more seasoned hosts. Here is a link to the listing: https://www.airbnb.com/rooms/50049004?check_in=2022-07-22&check_out=2022-07-23&guests=1&adults=1&s=6... 

Any advice / suggestions would be greatly appreciated! 

Many thanks, 

Danielle 

Danielle Sade
6 Replies 6
Gwen386
Level 10
Lusby, MD

Hi @Danielle1355 and welcome

Your place looks lovely. I suggest taking the pictures in landscape mode to get more detail of each room in the pictures. Also, I personally would add more pictures. 

@Danielle1355  This is the correct URL for your listing: https://www.airbnb.com/rooms/50049004

It's a nice and cozy space with some cool features - I think guests will especially like the sun room and fire pit. But your photos need captions, and the written description needs a lot more detail explaining the space and the amenities. The top bar indicates that you have 2 bedrooms and 2 beds, but only 1 bedroom is shown in the photos. It's also zoomed in too close to see whether there's any storage space for clothes and baggage, or even a bedside table, and those things are important to guests staying more than just a night or two.

I also see only two chairs at the small dining table, which is of course insufficient for a group of 3 or 4. I recommend either changing the occupancy limit to 2, or re-shooting to show that every feature of the house is actually suitable for 4 people.

"Guest Access: Top Level" makes no sense to someone who is unfamiliar with your building. Write your descriptions with enough detail to be fully understandable to someone who knows nothing about your home and has never been to DC before.

This is great and extremely useful feedback! I really appreciate you taking the time to provide critiques 

Danielle Sade
Gordon0
Level 10
London, United Kingdom

Lovely photos, @Danielle1355, but you seem to have missed the bathroom, something that (along with your kitchen) will definitely convince (or otherwise) that your place is for them. Likewise, you've gone a little minimalistic in terms of your description. I'm not seeing much 'lifestyle' to read about. 

Danielle1355
Level 1
Washington, DC

Excellent point! Very much appreciated, Gordon

Danielle Sade

your place look lovely, i love to see more like mine check here

**[Link removed due to safety reasons - Community Center Guidelines]