Feedback

Jessica59
Level 2
Bath, United Kingdom

Feedback

I have been hosting for about 6 months 

I get lovely feedback all the time 

But my scores are less than 5 

As I donot know who has scored - anyone got any tips on getting guest to give critical feedbcak if they want to score less than 5 

How can I improve if I donot know what is wrong 

3 Replies 3
Kris12
Level 6
Pattaya, Thailand

There are just some things you can't improve on. Like most of my reviews have "poor" ratings in location. Even though discribe exactly how far from every attraction in my city it is located. It might not be in the center of Pattaya, but as I am 100% honest about the location, I can't see how I can get a bad rating on it.

If you want to improve, ask your guests during their stay or at least when they check out, if they have any suggestions for making the stay more comfortable for the next guest. As a new host, most guests will understand that you are new to this and would like some constructive feedback.

Donna15
Level 10
Delft, Netherlands

@Jessica59, I created a folder of House Rules, which I leave in the guest room. Because the wi-fi details are on an inside page, guests are forced to at least open the folder. 🙂 On the first page, I indicate that I welcome feedback, and that if guests feel there is anything I could change or improve, I'd be grateful if they'd let me know privately - in conversation or in a message - rather than in their review of the listing. 

Of course, I don't know whether it's had any effect at all, but I'm sure it's done no harm.

Just send them a message through the Airbnb system and ask them why and how you can improve.....(I always send a note in my main retail business saying that'We live or die by reviews, please leave one if you were happy. if you weren't don't bother).  People don't understand how these reviews can affect our business.

one perfectly charming girl wrote a rave review  5 star... But noted that the kitchen was much to talk about.  She didn't even make coffee or drink the wine and beer I leave or toast or yohgurt....what difference could a full clean kitchen make to her?