Fees and reviews in CRA areas

Sandy671
Level 1
Sugar Land, TX

Fees and reviews in CRA areas

Hi, I host a cute bungalow in a popular Redeveloping area in downtown Houston. Lately I have been struggling with my pricing and the excessive fees being charged from Airbnb. I’ve lowered my cleaning fee as low as it can go, as everyone knows resources are sparse and expensive these days, and we are trying to adhere to the Covid cleaning standards. It also appears that guests standards are extremely high right now and many are messier than ever!   I am at a disadvantage because my property is not in a luxurious part of town. Even though I clearly indicate the neighborhood and location in my listing, and price accordingly am still getting somewhat lower marks for location and value.  Since many of us hosts are still struggling to recover, it would be nice for AirBNB to provide some relief on the excessive fees, at least if the properties are in CRA ZIP Codes.  Maybe even a host appreciation month where our feels are lowered a little?

1 Reply 1
Mike-And-Jane0
Level 10
England, United Kingdom

@Sandy671 Airbnb fees are competitive with the platforms and you would struggle to get as many bookings without them. The advantage of a lesser area is that the cost of buying is significantly lower and hence lower prices can be charged. With Airbnb charging a percentage it all works out fair in the end.