Filters and amenities

Jen13
Level 2
Paris, France

Filters and amenities

That's for Airbnb IT department

I know you are always trying to improve the site, so I would like to make a suggestion that would make me gain hours and even days looking for the right place. The filters are very limited. Could you ask the IT department to put “ELEVATOR’ as a filter? It is critical for us and many hosts don’t even mention it in the description, you have to go to “amenities” to know, they don’t even mention what floor it is on! We can’t climb stairs, so that would help a lot (and many other guests, I am sure!). Also, in the “Amenities” that would be a good idea to mention a dishwasher, especially when you stay for a long time in a place. I am planning our trip to France, and it’s amazing how hosts don’t “promote” their place.

I would be very pleased if you could forward those suggestions.

I don't know WHERE to post this message 😞

1 Reply 1
Katrina-and-Patrick0
Level 2
Minchinhampton, United Kingdom

I feel your frustration - as a host the filtering system makes sense for almost all aspects -
My father was a disabled tall man - didn't use a wheelchair but did use sticks as he was arthritic in the extreme and wanted to stay standing when he wasn't lying down - 
standard disabled toilets always included a mirror set so he couldn't see his head in it. 

Lazy thinking that all people only want the same thing is the problem.
( I want a filter on EV charging - so electric car owners know they can charge at my holiday cottage)