Finding help

Aileen29
Level 1
Kirkintilloch, United Kingdom

Finding help

I have a guest who, according to his records has been charged twice by airbnb for an extra night added on to his reservation.  He has contacted me but I can find nowhere on the website to contact Airbnb.  My records show the correct charge so I cannot request a refund.

Honestly the website is very poor at finding help for questions not frequently asked.  I have spent hours on this. Am I missing something?

4 Replies 4
Steve143
Level 10
Limerick, Ireland

Hello @Aileen29,

As the guest pays Airbnb and not the host all payment issues are for the guest to sort out with Airbnb directly.

You can suggest to them that they contact Airbnb support using the link provided to them in their reservation confirmation email.

For your reference and maybe to pass on to the guest too ...

Type "contact airbnb" in the "Search the community" box on these forum pages where you posted your question. Scroll down a little in the list of suggestions that appears and click on the "Contact Airbnb: A Community Help Guide[UPDATED]" one. That lists phone numbers and ways to contact them via Twitter or Facebook.

Steve.

I agree with Aileen, to contact Airbnb is not an easy task. Months ago I had an issue with the airbnb webpage where neither my guest or I could contact each other with the messaging system. They would write me but I was not getting their messages and I they would not get mine either and that created a very uncomfortable situation for the both of us. I was unable to find where to contact Airbnb regarding this issue. Recently I had another problem, this time was an issue with the guests finding my location, at the moment of clicking on the map that appears on my ad and after receiving confirmation, the map is sending my guests on an opposite direction. Now, Steve has explained how to get a hold of Airbnb but it should not be that complicated.

Rene-and-Zac0
Level 10
La Quinta, CA

15D9BC27-49EE-4E7B-A282-75E0951B377A.jpeg

Tell the guest to dispute the charge with his credit card company and they will deal with Airbnb as an overcharge/unauthrized charge.