Finding phone number for guest once they have left

Catherine71
Level 2
Victoria, Canada

Finding phone number for guest once they have left

My last guest left with our house key and I now cannot bring up their phone number and stupidly did not write it down when they were confirmed. How can I find it. These guests are not good at checking their emails so I am not sure they will see the one I sent them regarding the key.

Thanks

Catherine

5 Replies 5
Clare0
Level 10
Templeton, CA

@Catherine71 Yes, Airbnb removes phone numbers shortly after check out for security and privacy reasons.  I'm afraid you're stuck with sending your guest messages.  😞

Serafina0
Level 6
Minneapolis, MN

I started keeping a file with all my guests information before it goes poof. It's really frustrating for hosts, but I suppose it's one more way Airbnb has to make it as difficult as possible for connections to remain without them getting paid for subsequent bookings.

Depending on your costs and security issues, you might want to initiate a deposit claim for the key with Airbnb, just to make sure you get it back, if you are still within the window to do that.

Ana7
Level 10
Zagreb, Croatia

Usually they can be found, though. Go to Your reservations, all, then print itinerary - the number should be there!

@Ana7 You're right!  I had forgotten about that. Good job!

Kevina0
Level 5
London, United Kingdom

If you have saved the email from Airbnb confirming their booking, and if you click on the link saying 'view itinerary' in the body of the email, it will you to the guest's profile and contact details as when they had booked. I just tested this by looking through an April guest's booking confirmation. Hope it works for you too!:-)