Firm pricing

Jackie-And-Claude0
Level 2
Georgia, United States

Firm pricing

Hi Airbnb Community,

My husband and I are new to hosting as of August 1. We had one potential guest ask about a military discount. I'd love if Airbnb would verify military ID and then would offer military discounts. Otherwise, we offer discounts for last minute, weekly, and monthly stays, and have competitive pricing for our area. 

Since the request, I've read lots of forum posts about the bad feelings for guests who ask for any discounts and that, from what I read, most hosts don't entertain these requests and actually block those who ask.

I believe I saw somewhere that a host can post that prices are firm. I was wondering if that cuts down on the discount requests? Have any of you done this? Is there a special setting in the system to specify that prices are firm?

Thanks for your help!
Jackie

1 Reply 1
Emiel1
Level 10
Leeuwarden, The Netherlands

@Jackie-And-Claude0 

Prices and discounts set by the host are already firm, there is no special setting to confirm that.

People asking for discounts are everywhere, so also on Airbnb. It is up to you how to deal with each individual request. People simply wanting more discount for a short stay then what is offered should not be compared to someone asking for a special price for a (very) long term stay.