First PRIVATE ROOM guests taking control of all the place

Marco50
Level 2
Chicago, IL

First PRIVATE ROOM guests taking control of all the place

Is there any manual for the guest that invites to be respectful of the common areas?. I have guests right now that rented one private room but their belongs are all over the living room and kitchen.  I need to let them know that is not permitted in a polite way. They have a closet in their room and I offered another closet (all empty for them). 

2 Replies 2
Marit-Anne0
Level 10
Bergen, Norway

For now the only thing you can do is discuss with your guests and hope that they will understand.  Secondly, you need to make your houserules very clear and state that they have no access to the rest of the apartment.  Repeat in the "access" section.  

Wendy-and-Markus0
Level 10
United States

@Marco50:

For these guests, you can possibly say you will be tidying up the common areas and if they can please take their personal belongings to their room to avoid anything getting damaged.

For future guests- it could be mentioned in the welcome (if you do it in person) and also in your welcome letter with a message along these lines:

Welcome home. Guests are welcome to store their personal belongings in your designated bedroom along with the closet which is empty and equipped with hangers ready for you to use. Please keep common areas tidy for all to enjoy.