Flexible check in - how do you understand it?

Voy0
Level 1
London, United Kingdom

Flexible check in - how do you understand it?

What exactly 'flexible check-in' stands for? Does it give guests the right to request any check-in time? Are there any rules to that?

I've booked a flat with flexible check-in, as I'd be arriving to the city at 9-10pm in the evening. After the booking the host informed me of an additional 30€ fee on key collection if I arrive out of the 'working schedule' (my arrival time being such). How would you relate that to the 'flexible check-in' displayed in the post?

And btw - is it okay with the AirBnb's terms and conditions to charge an extra fee outside of the price paid while booking?

Thanks!

1 Reply 1
Gerry-And-Rashid0
Level 10
London, United Kingdom

@Voy0

First of all the host can only charge extra for a late check in if that is in the property description. If they have not stated it, then they cannot ask you to pay extra.

As for flexible, that means flexibity on both sides - it means the host will try and meet your needs and you will try and meet theirs. It doesn't mean 'check in at your time of choice'

Check in time and check out time is somethiing you should always double check when booking.