Florida Bed Tax (Bay County)

Nicholas624
Level 1
Panama City Beach, FL

Florida Bed Tax (Bay County)

Hi, 

My property is in Bay County which requires a 5% Bed Tax (local tax).  Airbnb remits state taxes but not this local tax.  After reading all i could, most "fixes" say to go to manage listing, local laws and taxes.  well apparently Airbnb has changed that page and it says "this page has changed...go to taxes"

At the taxes page, i can not add any taxes.  The link only takes me to the help center articles with nothing actually getting me to a spot to add a tax.

The site also says to switch to professional hosting (is this a new requirement?)

Thanks

Nick

2 Replies 2
Emiel1
Level 10
Leeuwarden, The Netherlands

@Nicholas624 

Airbnb moved the section about taxes, you are redirected to the right spot in menu "pricing and availiablilty, section "taxes"

Emiel1_0-1642202129973.png

You need to acivate  "'professional tools" in your account to be able to add the (local) taxes.

Rita2384
Level 1
Branchburg, NJ

https://community.withairbnb.com/t5/user/viewprofilepage/user-id/1168204

Nickolas,

were you able to make the adjustments to your listing to collect the Bay County taxes? I’m new to the STR business and want to get the setting revised to allow me to collect the tax and remit it to the county monthly. The Bay County website says they don’t have any ability to accept direct payment from AirBnB.