Florida Rentals??

Greg1310
Level 1
Ontario, Canada

Florida Rentals??

Am I legally allowed to rent my Florida Condo now (May 05, 2020)? The recent order by the Governor appears to allow rentals of 30 days or more, but then goes on to state otherwise. I've had several rental inquires recently but I am unable to find a definitive  answer to the question. I stay in my condo over the winter then rent it out the remainder of the year. Any help with this question is appreciated.

3 Replies 3
Helen427
Level 10
Auckland, New Zealand

Hello @Greg1310 and welcome to ABB Community Centre from a fellow host in Auckland, New Zealand

If you look here in CC you will find a search box, use keywords relating to Florida rentals and there should be other CC users previous discussion topics about it that will pop up, click on them and hopefully there will be answers to help you.

All the very best

Central To All Home & Location

Auckland, NZ

Sierra11
Level 3
St. Petersburg, FL

Airbnb has set up this page for Statewide and City wide orders in Florida. https://www.airbnb.com/help/article/2758/travel-restrictions-and-advisories-in-florida

The latest statewide order seemingly expired May 4th. Reading additional articles I found https://floridapolitics.com/archives/332395-republicans-call-for-end-to-vacation-rental-ban-but-no-w...

The original ban may be lifted in Phase 2 of re opening, possibly Phase 3. However, this ban is for 30 days and less. So, if you're booking reservations over 30 days you should be good to book. 

Sierra Kluson

Keller Williams Realty St Pete

Beth180
Level 2
Boca Raton, FL

Any one else angry, frustrated and looking for answers and explanations? I have searched everywhere and tried calling to find out if Palm Beach County Florida has lifted the ban on rentals, or even requested lifting from the Governor as required.

It's appalling that I can go to a hotel with a community pool, the beach, a library and wander downtown crowded spots and even freaking riot in large groups but staying in a private space free of strangers is banned.

All I can say is WTF? Better keep those unemployment checks coming for a long bloody time. These politicians are ignorant and just plain stupid. None of this phase nonsense make any actual sense when you look at the behavior of how people are really acting out there. This just punishes, once again, the small independent, self employed worker. 🤦🏼‍♀️