Forgot Password - No longer Access to Email address

Forgot Password - No longer Access to Email address

Hi Guys, I sign into Airbnb via Facebook so I never use a password to sign in. I want to update my email address as no longer have access to the one on file now. When I go to update, its prompts me to enter a password. It won't accept my Facebook one, I don't have access to the previous email so can't reset either. What are my options here team? Can I reset using my mobile phone? 

Any help appreciated

PS Does Airbnb no longer have a live chat assistance or help email of some description anymore? Went around in circles trying to find one

Thanks Damien

53 Replies 53

Those numbers are no longer in service. 

Rytis3
Level 1
Vilnius, Lithuania

Same problem, no solution.

Jane1024
Level 1
Sandton, South Africa

I have exactly the same problem and when discussing online with Air Bnb they just say we cannot do anything about it and I will have to set up a whole new Air Bnb account - this is crazy as you stand to lose all your bookings and review - can anyone assist

I have the same problem, don't know my password cause I signed in with my facebook account. Now I have no longer access to this email and I would like to change it, but the only way to recover the password is through my email...

Emma697
Level 1
London, United Kingdom

I have the same issue! Did anyone have any luck with this? I am hosting so don't want to start a whole new account! 

No Feb 2021 and this reset of email is apparently still far too technically difficult fir Airbnb. 

Alicia524
Level 1
Hamilton, Canada

ALSO having the same issue! I've created a new account with a new email, but need to somehow transfer my bookings over to this new account.... They have NOT been helpful! 

David4269
Level 1
Dublin, Ireland

Same issue here, waiting on help desk to transfer my booking to my new account...

Meliani0
Level 2
Copenhagen, Denmark

Hey folks, I have exactly the same problem, I don't have acces to my e-mail, I only use facebook to log in, but I can't change it without sending a recovery code to the email attached to my acount, My question is will that be a problem to receive the money to my bank account ? Should I confirm something by email, to receive my money ? I'm new to airbnb, , I will have my guest in a less than a week, what do you suggest ? Help please 

Kimberly426
Level 1
Washington, DC

This is INSANE and so archaic! There has  to be a way. Why can't  they send a  verification  code to  the cell  phone attached with the account? I can't figure this out either. A huge pain in the  a$$!

Andrew1443
Level 1
Denpasar, Indonesia

I have the same problem! I logged in to ABB using FB account but no longer have access to the email from FB account (hotmail account). Have a current booking that I paid for and have communicated with host so don't want to go disconnect FB and potentially lose booking and create new account. Thinking of riding it out until October then create a new account. Absolute nightmare! Surely there is a better way of changing the email linked to the ABB account.

SOLUTION!! So just was on the phone for over an hour with them literaly telling them that the email did not exist. It took a while but finally since i did have access to my account through facebook login, they sent me a temp password through the Airbnb main messages. Of course when they reset the password it kicked me off but it was fine because i was able to login through the facebook way and get to my messages on airbnb and get the temp password. Then i was able to use that temp password to change my email in the settings. Also changed my password to an easy one so i would not forget again. A lot of work but finally got it. They seriously need to find a better way of retrieving a password. I thought i was screwed forever. 

@Johnathon4  Glad you got it sorted, but you know you can save passwords on your computer- you don't have to pick am easy one so you won't forget. There's also something really old-fashioned called a pen and a piece of paper. I have all my passwords written down in a litlle book I use specifically for that purpose.

I usually do but it was so old it was saved on my old computer i no longer have. Have not used this site in years.  The pen and paper works until i loose the paper HAHA.  Thats why i'm glad my phone has a thumbprint reader. Can't really forgot that LOL