Forgot Password - No longer Access to Email address

Forgot Password - No longer Access to Email address

Hi Guys, I sign into Airbnb via Facebook so I never use a password to sign in. I want to update my email address as no longer have access to the one on file now. When I go to update, its prompts me to enter a password. It won't accept my Facebook one, I don't have access to the previous email so can't reset either. What are my options here team? Can I reset using my mobile phone? 

Any help appreciated

PS Does Airbnb no longer have a live chat assistance or help email of some description anymore? Went around in circles trying to find one

Thanks Damien

53 Replies 53
Kristín4
Level 1
Gloucester, MA

Hi Damien, I have the same problem!   Did you receive any help with this?  I am certain that it is not a problem that just you and I have encountered so there must be a way to fix this. 

Thanks, 

Kristín 

I have the same problem!! Is there an AirBnb Australia number available??

@Suchu0  Click on your profile picture and and go to Settings. In the right handside is a Contact Information. Hit edit. Put the email you want to use there and save it. Then follow the steps below. If it doesn't work the you will have to call AirBnB Australia +61 2 8520 3333.

Here are the full steps.. You need to sign in with Facebook or Google to proceed' dialog:

1) Click on your Profile Picture  -> Settings -> Privacy -> Social Connections -> untick Share my activity

2) Edit profile -> Trust & Verification -> disconnect Facebook or Google

3) Log out

4) Try to Log back in with only your email. If you get the 'You need to sign into Facebook or Google dialog' continue with step (5)

5) Log out if you're logged in. On the login page, click FORGOT PASSWORD. This will send a reset password email - go through that and reset your password. Then login again with your email. No more mandatory Facebook or Google dialog!

Don't do this, it will recreate a new account and you will lose all your current booking!

and loose you last connection with Airbnb!!! bloody hell!!

This response that you gave to the above question could really mess someone up.  The whole point of the question is that the person does not have access to their email on file.  If he were to follow your instructions, whoever currently had access to his email on file would now have the ability to commandeer his Airbnb account and he would lose access.

No tried three calls and two chats today they can't fix it. system won't allow password reset to go anywhere but your old inaccessible email. So ridiculous. 

I changed my email service provider months ago and recently went in to edit my Airbnb account info with my new email address.  I signed in with my phone number via an SMS code and then, when I went to edit my email it wouldn't accept my password and keeps wanting to send a reset link to my old email...extremely unhelpful.  I phoned and the service reps have no solutions except to set up a new account and lose all my history and reviews with them.  This is such incompetence from a large company.  I have had issues with a few other apps over the years with forgotten passwords and/or changed profile info, but each time there was a solution.  All of them offered alternatives to reset my password and/or email except Airbnb...via some sort of verification safe protocol avenue.  Airbnb has no alternative.  They told me to try phoning the company I hadn't had an email account with for months to see if they would let me use my old obsolete account to get the reset link...I kid you not!  I phoned thinking it sounded unlikely and, of course, was told they don't do that and can't do that.  I asked Airbnb to send the reset link to my validated phone number with them and they don't do that.  As I read through the many repetitive issues surrounding account edits and resets, I realized that not only is this an embarrassing flaw for such a high profile company, but that it is one they are too arrogant to fix.  I am extremely disappointed in the low level of tech support.  Shame on you Airbnb.  This is an oversight that is unacceptable in a professional company @Airbnb

Letti0
Level 10
Atascosa, TX

@Kristín4  You are going to have to call AirBnB they will ask some security questions related to your account information and reset it for you.

AirBnB number:

United States and Canada

+1-415-800-5959
+1-855-424-7262 (toll-free)

You can solve it without calling to Airbnb as described here https://airbnbase.com/change-email-forgot-password-no-longer-access-to-old-email/

Thank you! Solved my problem.

Thank you! Thank you! Thank you!!!

After spending over 1 hour with AirBnb rep regarding this issue I just kept being told there was nothing they could do about changing my email (even though I told them my email address on file had been compromised and I have security concerns). Not sure why the "Review your account" option is not part of their training / resolution workflow and why there's not a button on the website for this either!

I have spent hours scouring the internet for a solution... This article has been a lifesaver! I think I just might get back on the phone with them to tell them the resolution! LOL!

@Antra12 Thank you thank you thank you. I had been struggling with this for the better part of a year, and this fixed it in a few minutes. THANK YOU

That is not a solution if you cant access e-mail account