Fort Lauderdale requirements?

Fort Lauderdale requirements?

Hi, 

We are new to Airbnb and are curious as to what Fort Lauderdale requires us to have to be able to host here legally. We have listed our 86' Sport Fish boat that sits at the dock on our property. There are 5 bedroom, space for 10, but I only noted 3 with space for 6 in the listing. Figured we would try and start slow. We live at the house on the property and will be here at all times. 

Today I read online that Fort Lauderdale requires you to submit an application and pay a $750.00 fee to the Vacation Rental Registration Program. Is this correct? It also says there needs to be annual inspections of your rental. Is everyone in Fort Lauderdale on Airbnb following this? 

Also as far as taxes go, in some threads I see Airbnb pays the taxes in Florida, but on an artical I read it says this excludes Miami and Fort Lauderdale? Is this true and should I set aside money for taxes to be paid?

Thanks in advanced for your help,

Danielle

20 Replies 20

Hi Anthony! You seemed very experienced and I am looking to expand in the Wilton Manors area. I would love if you reached out! **. Sammie. Thanks in advance! 

**[Phone number hidden due to safety reasons - Community Center Guidelines]

anyone else in NYC and currently or interested in renting property in south Fl interested in forming a networking group?  let's do!  Jonathan. 

**[E-mail address hidden due to safety reasons - Community Center Guidelines]

Hello Anthony! We have a few Airbnb listings in the Fort Lauderdale area and would like to network with you and any other hosts in the area. Please reach out @ . Thank you!

**[E-mail address & phone number hidden due to safety reasons - Community Center Guidelines] - Please note that it is not allowed to share any personal details publicly. You can message each other privately instead. 

Hello Emilio, I would like to network with you and other hosts that have experience with Broward.  Regards

Hi Anthony I would love to ask you some questions regarding getting started with my air bnb. ** thank you.

**[E-mail address hidden due to safety reasons - Community Center Guidelines]

Idalmis4
Level 1
Fort Lauderdale, FL

Hi i would like to list my property in ft lauderdale but wondering about the city requirements