Fraudulent account manipulation

Chomsky0
Level 2
Riga, Latvia

Fraudulent account manipulation

Hello, we received notification that a review was removed from 2 years ago, under suspicion that the guest received a discounted rate for his 5 star review. This is completely false, as airbnb can see from our records, the guest paid the same as every other camper during that period. We asked airbnb 1. what is the cause for suspicion, 2. why have they taken action now, and 3. to justify their actions, to ensure that arbitrary and baseless punishments are not applied in future. The customer service responded that they uphold the decision, without answering any of the questions. We can not allow this mistreatment and ridiculous accusations to stand unchallenged. Has anyone experienced something similar?

3 Replies 3

@Chomsky0  A lot of hosts have reported the same thing happening in the last week or so. It's not the work of an actual human analyzing millions of reviews; it's all automated. Presumably the algorithm was set to detect specific words such as "discount." Airbnb doesn't have an appeals process in place for decisions like this, and it's usually a waste of time trying to get the outsourced customer service operators involved.

Mike-And-Jane0
Level 10
England, United Kingdom

@Chomsky0 Agreed it is totally wrong. That said, whilst exceptionally annoying, is it really worth getting worked up about? A lot of what Airbnb does is not fair but at least, in this instance, you have no financial loss.

Can someone please help me figure out what to do. I don’t know how to post a conversation so i have to reply to one. I’ve been helping my boyfriend furnish his airbnb for the past month. Before the listing even went live airbnb listed the listing as fraudulent, but we literally have proof it’s not fraudulent. At this point I feel like it was racially motivated after having to send pictures of himself and he’s a dark black man.