Full names of all in a reservation

Answered!
Shirley26
Level 10
Madison, WI

Full names of all in a reservation

It is now 2021 and it appears that this question has been asked going back to 2016 and nothing has changed.   I'm asking that all reservations include the full names of everyone in a reservation.   It would be most helpful if there was language that requests/requires a guest making a reservation to include the full name(s) of all those in a reservation. Asking someone to "join" a reservation after the reservation has been made,  doesn't carry much weight.   Also, include template language for the host to use if Airbnb is not going to make this a requirement on all future reservations.

1 Best Answer

@Shirley26 You may want to adjust the language in your house rules a bit. “Please list the full names of all guests in your booking request message to me, as Airbnb does not share this info with hosts.” 

If this isn’t done, direct the guest to refer back to the full  house rules they (supposedly) read and agreed  to, and to please supply the info requested, ASAP. Note that they have 24 hours from the time of submission to do this, or their request will be declined. 

I ask this of guests myself, and prefer to have names provided directly to me rather than have other guests added with Airbnb profiles, because often those profiles are brand new and devoid of any meaningful info....first name, no review history, no photo, etc. Does me no good. It’s great when you get a well aged profile with reviews, but I find that’s rare. 

As I say, most guests haven’t seen a listings unique house rules, but that is largely Airbnb’s fault. If you look at the house rules banner in your listing description, it says “This host doesn’t allow pets or parties...click for details”. Well, who is going to click for details? As far as most people are concerned, it’s all been spelled out right there! They have no idea that there is a whole lot of unique info hidden in the link.  

Note that the banner used to read “make sure this hosts house rules work for you.. click for details”  I’m sure they changed that to what it is currently, because the original would have possibly led to less bookings. We don’t want to potentially put guests off with pesky house rules now, do we? 🙄

View Best Answer in original post

12 Replies 12
Colleen253
Level 10
Alberta, Canada

@Shirley26 I agree. It’s information Airbnb should be supplying to hosts, not just keeping it to themselves. In the meantime, while we all wait until we are dead and buried for this to change,  you can require the booking guest to supply you directly with other guest info. Put it in your house rules. 

I had been searching around in the Community Center and was somewhat surprised that Airbnb had not resolved this concern for hosts going back to 2016.  I have it listed in "House Rules" and then under "Additional Rules", but still have had  to ask guests to include names or  ask them to ask the others to join in the reservation.  Having to that is something that should be a requirement and needs to be coming from Airbnb.    

@Shirley26 Many guests don’t realize that Airbnb doesn’t share other guest info with hosts, and because Airbnb already collects this info from them, they think ‘well I did that already’. The other factor at play is that the overwhelming majority of guests aren’t actually reading the unique house rules. I ask for the other guest  info in my house rules as well, and maybe 1 in 10 guests includes the info along with their booking request, like I ask. And yes, it’s a huge PITA. Airbnb should not be making this so onerous for hosts.

Yes, it is a real PITA.  My most recent reservation came in with no information on the second guest and when I ask for to have the second guest join the reservation, this is the message I received.  "Thank you for suggesting that I add my friend Susie name to the reservation."    ughhhhh!  Give me a break...........Really??????  Here is where Airbnb needs to say all reservations MUST include  true names/profile pictures of all on the reservation and until such time the reservation is on hold.  That  may be a bit harsh, but it's  my home and it is for my protection.

Adding to the above comment:  Yes, the language to add or have all guests join in the reservation is in my house rules.  Does anyone read them?  I guess not......

@Shirley26 You may want to adjust the language in your house rules a bit. “Please list the full names of all guests in your booking request message to me, as Airbnb does not share this info with hosts.” 

If this isn’t done, direct the guest to refer back to the full  house rules they (supposedly) read and agreed  to, and to please supply the info requested, ASAP. Note that they have 24 hours from the time of submission to do this, or their request will be declined. 

I ask this of guests myself, and prefer to have names provided directly to me rather than have other guests added with Airbnb profiles, because often those profiles are brand new and devoid of any meaningful info....first name, no review history, no photo, etc. Does me no good. It’s great when you get a well aged profile with reviews, but I find that’s rare. 

As I say, most guests haven’t seen a listings unique house rules, but that is largely Airbnb’s fault. If you look at the house rules banner in your listing description, it says “This host doesn’t allow pets or parties...click for details”. Well, who is going to click for details? As far as most people are concerned, it’s all been spelled out right there! They have no idea that there is a whole lot of unique info hidden in the link.  

Note that the banner used to read “make sure this hosts house rules work for you.. click for details”  I’m sure they changed that to what it is currently, because the original would have possibly led to less bookings. We don’t want to potentially put guests off with pesky house rules now, do we? 🙄

Good idea.  I'll give that a try.  Thank you.

Most guests don’t read the Additional House Rules. So going forward I will put them in an automated ready to go message and will be sending it to them before approving them.

When  a host has "Instant Book"  turned on, a guest  can reserve without the host's approval.

Branka-and-Silvia0
Level 10
Zagreb, Croatia

@Shirley26 

The only way you can get your guest's real names and info is to personally check them in and ask them to show you their ID-s or passports. Put this in your house rules. Take a photo of their documents on arrival.

In some countries, this is mandatory in others is not but I am surprised how many hosts don't do that and think Airbnb will provide guest's ID in case of damage or robbery. It will not. Maybe to police but not to host. And Airbnb probably doesn't even have it, anyone can register with an email and phone number. 

Giving access to ABB guests without knowing their ID is like leaving the front door to your property wide open for anyone who wants to enter.

Lorna170
Level 10
Swannanoa, NC

I am travelling next week via AirBnB with my spouse and my adult son, neither of whom have an AirBnB account.  When I tried to advise my host as to who I was travelling with, the website would not allow me to add persons as my guests on the App, and kept deleting their names if I did not include an email address to share the reservation info.   I ended up sending a separate, private email to my host advising her of the persons that were going to be with me in her accommodation.  

How do guests join Airbnb?
If you don't have an Airbnb account yet, go to airbnb.com and click Sign Up.
You can sign up for an account using your email address, phone number,
Facebook account, Google account, or Apple ID.
Signing up and creating an Airbnb account is free.