Full refund coming from future earnings or bank account?

Mark3201
Level 2
Sandton, South Africa

Full refund coming from future earnings or bank account?

Hi There, 

I am wondering if I refund a guest in full do the funds come out of my bank account or from future earnings? 

The button that says "Pay $amount" is a bit ambiguous about this. I have the amount being requested in my future pending payouts and I want to make sure the amount will come out of there instead of my bank account. 

*PS. This is in South Africa if it matters. 

3 Replies 3

@Mark3201  If the booking hasn't started yet, then you haven't been paid for it yet. The refund will come out of the payout you would have received from that booking.

If the refund is for a current or past booking, the funds are generally deducted from future payouts.

Sarah977
Level 10
Sayulita, Mexico

@Mark3201  Airbnb can't take money out of your bank account.

Sylvain293
Level 1
Saint-Mathieu-de-Tréviers, France

Hi, I have the same doubt as @Mark3201 , and my english is not so good ! I have strict cancellation policy but Due tu COVID, I want to full refund my host. The pay button ask me 370 euros, of course I didn't have any paiement because the resevation was starting on 23th of May. Does it mean I will have my cancellation fee of 358 euros on my bank account on the 24th, and that I will be debited of 370 euros the same day ? Do I still have to pay the 11euros fee ? Will I have the 25% promised by Airbnb ? Do my host have to wait until the 24th to have his money back ( He already gave 460euros to Airbnb) ? I hope you understand what I mean !?

Thanks for your help and best wishes !