Full refund for travel restrictions?

Rachel1545
Level 2
Nashville, TN

Full refund for travel restrictions?

Are you offering a full refund for guests that are traveling from a state with travel restrictions?  Considering they booked in May or June and should have known the risks. I’m located in a location that’s mostly open. Just curious how other hosts are handling cancellations and refunds for bookings outside of the EC policy. Thanks!

3 Replies 3
Debra300
Level 10
Gros Islet, Saint Lucia

@Rachel1545,

Stay at home/shelter in place orders are popping up spontaneously.  Also, some northern states have recently put travel restrictions on travels from areas they consider hot zones.  The guest may not have an option to travel at this time.

Ann783
Level 10
New York, NY

This is becoming more and more of an issue for me. NYS has 34+ states on its travel advisory, which requires guests from those areas to be under a 14 day quarantine. I've already had to turn down two bookings. It's a very fluid situation, California recently came off the quarantine list. 

Debra300
Level 10
Gros Islet, Saint Lucia

The changes to travel restrictions occur too frequently for people to think that their travel plans are impervious  to what's going on.   I would not offer any refund to guests beyond the stated cancellation policy.  I probably would encourage guests to reschedule (I will not do it for them, because that would provide a new free cancellation period).  If they were flying in, they should be able to reschedule their flights without a change fee, because all US airlines are now offering this feature.

@Ann783,@Rachel1545