Full refund or not

Adrienne174
Level 3
Ringgold, GA

Full refund or not

Just wondering do you as a host hit the give a full refund button if the guest book last minute, same day check-in/4 nights however cancel an hour later because your home is farther from the reason they are coming to town.  I’m not being greedy just wanted to know what others have done or will or will not do. My refund policy is moderate!

PS: visiting a sick friend in hospital which is 20 mins away from my home

PS: this person is a traveler had been all over the world using Airbnb 

2 Replies 2
Linda108
Level 10
La Quinta, CA

While I do not allow same day booking, I am very flexible about allowing full refund within the first 48 hours of booking.  Air BNB allows full refund of fees if the guest changes their mind for whatever reason.  I operate at a fairly slow pace with bookings, so this flexibility has not impacted my bottom line.  Not to refund if a guest realizes a problem early on in the process feels punitive to me even though it is the guest error.  Just my way of doing business.  🙂

Sarah977
Level 10
Sayulita, Mexico

@Adrienne174  If it were me, I would refund. Like Linda, I would consider it goodwill. If you take last minute bookings, a cancellation an hour after it is made likely didn't affect your ability to rent the dates to someone else. It's a different scenario than if their booking had blocked your calendar for a week only to be cancelled last minute.