Full refund requests

Natasha388
Level 2
England, United Kingdom

Full refund requests

I have a guest that has cancelled, was due to check in on 12th June therefore not covered by the extenuating circumstances policy, however I have received and email from air bnb to say the guest is requesting money (full refund) I’m interested to know what other hosts are doing in this situation? Are you issuing the full refund even though the dates currently fall outside if the extenuating circumstances policy? 
Thank you 

2 Replies 2
Gordon0
Level 10
London, United Kingdom

There's a number of threads running on this very same topic already. I imagine you'll be able to decline the request, but it may be overruled once the dates are (inevitably) changed. Does the guest not have insurance? I'd be pointing them that direction first. 

Juan63
Level 10
San Antonio, TX

@Gordon0 You will not be overruled. If the guests cancel prior to the change, Airbnb will need permission.

@Natasha388 This is a difficult one, if it's only a one day stay, I'm more willing to provide a full refund because it's a bit away, BUT,

Airbnb will take it out of other payouts prior to their checkin. You will eventually get it back but not until that reservations checkin, which I find absurd. On those grounds I would decline, but that's up to you. Another option is to tell the guest you are declining because it is out of Airbnb's current policy and offer them a refund for the remaining amount(minus fees),  if that night is booked again.