GUEST REVIEWS

Veronica227
Level 2
Sequim, WA

GUEST REVIEWS

While I understand the review process and most of the time it works my question is:

It would be nice if Airbnb would review a guests review when they have clearly LIED.   I don't mean a lie where they choose to say something about me personally, etc.   I am talking about a lie concerning my listing.

Example:  "Host would not allow us to use the laundry even though the listing said we could"

My listing clearly states, laundry is for 2 night or more stays only.  Or,  "host was not there to help us open the door"  Again, the listing clearly states it is self check in,  keypad, etc.  I got no phone call for help,

These are examples that Airbnb can clearly see are lies, just by looking at my listing.  

I think when guests do this because they didn't get their way, is wrong.   Airbnb should correct it.  Maybe remove their review or comment on it directly. from airbnb support to clarify the guests comments and set the record straight.  

The guests have the responsibility to read the listing and understand what is available and required.   Some help with this sort of thing would be helpful.

2 Replies 2
Dale711
Level 10
Paris, France

@Veronica227 

https://www.airbnb.com/help/article/13/how-do-reviews-work-for-stays

https://www.airbnb.com/help/article/2673/airbnbs-review-policy

Airbnb’s review policy guides hosts and guests to write reviews that are relevant and will help the community make informed booking decisions.

Airbnb will examine the content of this review, but it did not identify any violations of Airbnb policy. Airbnb is unable to remove the review from the Airbnb website. 

As you have the options posting an accurate response to the review.

Hope you can resolve the issue.

Lisa75
Level 7
Boise, ID

i'm behind you 1000%!  i lost superhost because we get a lot of strange folks in the winter and either i score off a low price with a travel nurse or i get a near homeless guy who knows airbnb doesn't vet them.  i had so many horrible reviews this winter i could cry....one guy flushed a washcloth down the toilet and berated me when he ruined my sump pump and gfi etc and another checked in when i was naked in bathroom at 11am!  my dog was going nuts and i saw that someone had moved lockbox and that he'd checked in when my door was open etc - then he gave me one star saying my place was a dump and went on and on off a one night stay!  i also hate that one night or 60 nights count as the same but the lying and airbnb not upholding truth (obvious truth) is maddening.  i got crushed off of 4 lying mean reviews.....