GUEST WHO CANCELED DUE TO COVID WAS ALLOWED TO BOOK ANOTHER LISTING FOR THE SAME PERIOD

Juan3021
Level 1
Santo Domingo, Dominican Republic

GUEST WHO CANCELED DUE TO COVID WAS ALLOWED TO BOOK ANOTHER LISTING FOR THE SAME PERIOD

I just had this situation happen to me as a Host. 

Guest Canceled  due to covid and was  given a full refund. To my surprise She traveled  to another listing in the same period  and even  left a review!

Guests are using the COVID   policy to weasel  out of penalties Airbnb should   lock  the ability for guest to book  until a COVID - test is provided.

4 Replies 4
Vivian860
Level 5
Richmond, ME

there really is nothing you can do about this if they book with someone else. if they book with you under another listing you have, you can cancel them right away stating there is a covid concern. just keep an eye out for this guest in the future when they book again with you. Good Luck!

Juan3021
Level 1

My concern is that airbnb should prevent people who present covid +results to travel to other airbnb listings until they present a -resulta. I feel is airbnbs duty to at least inform the other host. 

@Juan3021 

It is a miracle!

As soon as she was refund, the virus disapeared and she felt much better to travel.
Airbnb is the best doctor ever!

More seriously, it is nonsense that people who cancel for 'illness' reasons can book again on the same dates.
They should be blocked as hosts have the days closed in their calendar.  

Juan3021
Level 1

I agree completely!