Getting Dinged badly by Airbnb system of 24 hour acceptance!

C-A0
Level 1
San Francisco, CA

Getting Dinged badly by Airbnb system of 24 hour acceptance!

Hi,

Hope you all are getting lots of good bookings!  Love to hear from some of you re:

Problem: I have a renter over much of the Summertime in one of my flats, who was interested in extending for an additional 45 days or so into Fall season and she inquired on Airbnb as well as to me directly.  We are in touch by phone and email.  We both agreed to check on some other details and rental situations and be in touch to confirm this week BUT....then I see that Airbnb says I am a bad host for not booking within 24 hours.  I also get dinged for denying a booking.  

How would you handle this?

I feel bullied by Airbnb and they could care less about the details... 

Have you ever asked Airbnb to change their bad rating due to honest communications?

Then, the latest problem I have just ignored as the phone conversations will only say "by special invitation only"...

Why will Airbnb not allow me to receive booking fees till guests arrive and not be on their new "elite list" for all the other benefits we used to have just by using the service?  They have full use of the monies for months and charge fees on both ends.  Wow!

Guess I am old fashioned and may have to switch things but love to hear your thoughts on how to handle.

Thanks much!

CG

2 Replies 2
David126
Level 10
Como, CO

You have 24 hours to aprove or deny a reservation request, so you should deny if you are still discussing.

You do not get paid initially, which seems fair, can imagine the issues if you were paid beforehand.

I do not understand your other points.

David
Ed-and-Hugh0
Level 10
Miami, FL

I just respond and accept or decline withing 24 hours. If I'm traveling, I snooze my lising so I don't have to worry about deadlines. No need to over-complicate things...keep it simple.