Getting Superhost status and number of reviews

Answered!
Trevor-and-Hazel0
Level 1
Christchurch, New Zealand

Getting Superhost status and number of reviews

Hi,

I'm almost there to get Superhost status at the next review cycle.  However the Airbnb Progress page says that I have to be reveiwed by at least 50% of guest stays, but that I only have been reviewed by 20% of guest stays.

I have so far had 23 guests stays and 21 reviews.  This is 91% reviews.

Does anyone know why the Superhost requirement and my stats do not line up?

Thank you.

1 Best Answer
Ana1136
Level 10
Ohrid, Macedonia (FYROM)

@Trevor-and-Hazel0 it is a glitch and Airbnb is working on fixing it. 

View Best Answer in original post

27 Replies 27

Yes, some question to me, i felt it is not a fair things for the host. 

Helen427
Level 10
Auckland, New Zealand

@Trevor-and-Hazel0 @Sarah695 @Mitch70 @Sandra856 @Stephanie584 

Have you notticed it's now showing the next quarter assesment rates?

@Helen427 my performance dashboard has been updated & there is no requirement for % of reviews anymore. Is that the same for you?

hello @Rachel177 @Trevor-and-Hazel0 @Wayan4 @Sarah695 @Mitch70 

@Rachel177  It appears to only say ' Get a 5 star Primary review for at least 80% of the Reviews received, oh dear I had a bad quarter in the most recent & have dropped - alas I knew it would as I had a couple of challenging guests who were new to ABB throughout that time.

It will be interesting how this quarter goes since the introduction of the "4 stars been as expected Ratings"

All the best for your continuation of Superhost status and hosting in general

Wayan4
Level 2
Ubud, ID

I have had Super Host status for 3 years and now yesterday Airbnb sent a letter saying my super host status has been taken off with no explanation as to why.  Now I cannot send a letter to find out what happened.  Frustrated.  Anyone else have this problem?  

Irena27
Level 3
PG, Montenegro

Hi, I have been a superhost for a while, here is only 2-3months maximum that guests would visit during the summer so I try hard to have at least 10guests what is minimum for getting a badge. I do not get if I need all those guests to leave a review? Do I need at least 10guests to leave a review also? Thanks

Laura1421
Level 2
Ontario, CA

Can anyone help me with superhost status? I have a 4.89 review rating but my progress is only showing 4.7.  The call centre indicated that although I hosted 28 stays and the minimum is 10 stays, because they were not my own travel (10 stays) I do not qualify as superhost.

I have no cancellations and my response rate is 100%

Hi @Laura1421 🙂

I just looked at your listing and your numbers look fine. What does it say when you go to your progress page on your dashboard (press the superhost box). 

I'm not sure I understand what you mean by that your progress showing 4,7 (could it be the overall caluculated for the last year)?

Best, Sandra 

Laura1421
Level 2
Ontario, CA

Thanks for the tip.  I calculated it for the year and it is still 4.85

@Laura1421  You do realize it's only the Overall rating that is counted for Superhost and that it is a separate rating that the guests leave, not an average of the individual ratings?

Thank you - it’s the overall rating (4 or 5 stars for the period) that are the basis right? Based on that, wouldn’t I just take the stars for each rating and divide them by stays in the period to arrive at the average?

@Laura1421   Not sure what you mean "the stars for each rating".  The only rating you look at is the Overall.

Example: You have 10 reviews for the past year. 2 are 4*s and 8 are 5*s.

2x4*s= 8

+

8x5*s= 40

48 stars total divided by 10 reviews= 4.8

Hi @Laura1421 🙂

You don't have to calculate anything as when people rate they rate you in the 6 sub categories AND also they rate you in the overall category. 

What you see on the listing 4.89 is your overall rating from when you started. The superhost overall rating in the progress section is only from the ratings you got within the last year.

It is only the overall rating that guests give you that counts when it comes to superhost.