Getting in touch with a supervisor

Answered!
Cynthia183
Level 1
Windham, NY

Getting in touch with a supervisor

Just had an airbnb rep cancel a reservsation wrongfully.  How does one get in touch with an airbnb rep who is a higher up or supervisor.  I've tallked to three different people and they all claim to be airbnb supervisors but no one can do anything for me

1 Best Answer
Stephanie
Community Manager
Community Manager
London, United Kingdom

This content is in our Archive board.

You can still access it if you have the link but it won't appear when you search the Community Center.

To ask a new question in the Community Center, please click:

Stephanie_0-1677152405466.png

Thanks

-----

Please follow the Community Guidelines 

View Best Answer in original post

29 Replies 29
Fred13
Level 10
Placencia, Belize

So if everyone is a chief, where are the regular indians? 🙂

Needless to say they are role playing.

I think it is more of a case of they dont want their decisions reviewed by an actual supervisor.  I spoke with two other cutomer service reps who told me that the one I needed to speak with was a supervisor.  Once he finally called me and I expressed that I was less than pleased with his explanation of his decision making process and I wanted to speak with a suoervisor he put me on hold for some time and after 15 or so a woman came on who told me she was taking over this case from the rep I had last spoken with.  So far she is working on straightening it out but that doesnt pay the rent for the night I was supposed to have rented.  At least they wont be holding the cancellation against me.

Well you got to a higher level of competence, that is indeed a strong start. BTW, what a lovely place you have. I spend all my youthful summers in Phoenicia. To this day, though being long. long ago I really miss it.

I am a host and need to contact a Customer Service Supervisor.  The Customer Service Representatives are extremely adept at not giving out any information.  Very cryptic.  My Customer Service Representative was "Cornell" with no last name, no phone number, no employee ID, and no email address.  When I asked to speak with a Supervisor, I waited 12 minutes to be connected to "Nick", no last name, no phone number, no employee ID, no email address, and shockingly no title.   How do I contact the Corporate Offices?

Greg

[Personal information hidden for safety reasons]

Jeff158
Level 10
Caernarfon, United Kingdom

Thank you Jeff!

Sooooooooo frustrating.  Don't know that I've ever experienced this level of frustration with a service company.

Lizzie
Former Community Manager
Former Community Manager
London, United Kingdom

Hello @Mr--Lake-Lure0,

Welcome to the Community Center.

I am sorry to hear your frustration with contacting the Support Team. It sounds like you have got the information you need now, but for future reference, there is a lot of information on how to contact the team here in the Community Center. Here is a great Community Guide (created by a host here in the CC) on the different ways to reach them, also more recently the team have been working on updating the ways to reach the Support Team when you need them, so you might find this topic an interesting read.

I hope you get this sorted and if you can please keep us updated here.

Thanks,
Lizzie

--------------------

Thank you for the last 7 years, find out more in my Personal Update.

Looking to contact our Support Team, for details...take a look at the Community Help Guides.

Hello I have a lot of problems with your customer service officer who can hardly speak english and who isn't able to follow the conditions under which your platform does the business. Preludilarely, I would like to emphasize that I am the host with 13 units, which will be 25 in three months. I work with my property exclusively and do all my efforts to follow the high standards. What happened on January 11th 2018 is that I received an instant reservation from Ricardo, who wanted to come to the apartmaent ASAP the same day, which I promptly reacted as I was not able to host the guest because I was in hospital. But I immediately offered Rikardo the alternative accomodation and all the help. He decided to make another reservation through your site and I tols him that I will make a request to airbnb to give hime back the money. What I experienced from your customer service is extremely rude and inappropriate behaviour from your officer who first of all hardly can speak english, does not know the procedure about cancelling so called instant reservations and who doesn't look on all the circumstances of the case. I was today humiliated by this NO NAME officer who told that she/he would penalize me unless I show her my medical documentation. So, to emphasize again, the guest did the reservation he wanted to consume the same day ASAP, I reacted promptly and offered him another accomodation. He later told me that he made another reservation via airbnb. So, I haven't done anything harmful to airbnb.com and I did all my efforts for guest to choose the best solution via your protal (please have a look on my message portal both on domestic and guest part and you will see all my human efforts). Having in consideration that I did all my efforts nad that the guest Ricardo made another reservation via your portal, I suggest that you quit the policy of penalizing me, because there is no fault nor responsability on my side and moreover, there is no harm for the airbnb.com and the guest.

Lizze,

I'm glad you think it was that easy....and it wasnt anything that could have been resolved through the community center.  As a property manager the best thing Airn did was realize we are playing a pivotal role in thier industry and assign us regional support.  Since that time and my representative coming out to our place and having a face to face, we have finally een able to embrace AirBnB.  But only because of our representative taking the time to address our concerns and giving us a direct point of contact.

How can I have a representative?

Chelsey16
Level 1
San Diego, CA

Hi Cynthia, 

I know your post was from about a year ago but I am having that exact issue. What was your conclusion? Was anything ever corrected?

Any information you have about getting in touch with someone and resolving the error is appreciated!

Thank you

I'm personally having a meta level concern. I've had several reservations recently where the guest was displaying concering behaviors before the reservation started or early into it (unable to understand instructions, disregarding house rules and showing up incredibly early, letting their selves in the house before the res, demanding services from me I don't offer and repeatedly told them I couldn't/wouldn't do).

AirBnB was not helpful at all in any of these places, refused to cancel without penalty... and it was a really awful experience for at least me if not both... 

Included is a screen shot from one of the guests who was concerning... after the fact. I believe they were upset that their friend couldn't find their shampoo, accused me of stealing it, I explained to them that the reservation tells guests that personal items stay in the room to make sure nothing happens, and I have no idea what happened to the shampoo.... this, and more, is what I got...

This is just one of several shockingly nasty examples of guests I told AirBnB I was uncomfortable with, and they wouldn't do anything.

My dogs have also been let out of the house, onto the street, in a dense urban area in Boston.

Guests have barged in on other guests before check out after ignoring repeated orders/instructions that check in was later.

I suspect that Airbnb won't really do or offer anything if I communicate that I tried to express concern beforehand and that guests were breaking house rules they swore they'd follow, multiple times... given they didn't seem to understand my concerns previously.  All of the customer service people I spoke to were English as a second language, and generally needed a high level of explanation or didn't seem to see how letting dogs out of a house or coming in well before check in, or not answering questions about arrival time, guests, departure time, demanding I submit credit card records to the city so they can get a visitor parking permit and getting upset when I said I wouldn't, etc. was an issue. 

**[Image removed - Community Center Guidelines]

I'm at a loss. 

See my reply above.

Mitchell74
Level 2
Cork, Ireland

"Hello. My name is ____ and I had an issue with one of your agents. I would like to discuss this matter with a supervisor please."

Be civil. Be nice.